I am currently seriously considering switching from Mac to PC, since my main Computer is now 7 years old and I feel that slowly it is getting old enough to retire. Since I am really happy with the workstation form factor and Apple is doing everything to annoy the pro users, with their old and overpriced trash can I consider a pc running win 10.
Obviously a lot of questions arise and Inwould like to pick your brains on a couple of them.
- Do you think this is insane?
- I consider the 6900k cpu. Any thoughts?
- Do you have a bootable backup of the system drive? If so, how do you do it?
- Virus scanner yes/no/which one?
- Is it possible to use the win key as a modifier? I have a lot shortcuts that use all 4 modifiers on Mac. Can I somehow give the machine a more mac like keyboard shortcut feeling?
- What donyou use to read Mac Journaled HDD Volumes?
- Anything I really need to avoid?
- Is there someting like souce nexus (a virtual loopback audio device)
- Is there a LTC to MTC software available on PC?
I will not make the switch long before the new video engine is released, so at the moment I am just gathering information. Also I want to wait to see if Apple have something to offer during the WWDC.