On Mac, Dorico 4 does not launch but hangs indefinitely waiting for the audio engine

I think this is probably a bug in the list on the website - if the Steinberg Activation Manager is showing you a Dorico 4 licence and eLC is showing your old licence as “non-upgradeable” then that should mean everything is working.

Just one more thing. There are 2 Libraries that I have access to for being able to put back the removed items. I’m trying to figure out which of the two Libraries is the one that I should use. One is simply on the Mac HD, and the other is accessed by going to /Mac HD/Users/rgilley/. .I am thinking the second one? But why are there two Libraries?

Both have application support, both have Steinberg?

No, the first one

Thank you!

I am putting those items in the components folder. What goes into the Dorico 4 folder?

vsttransit.bundle?

The xml files you can put back into the Dorico folder, the log files don’t matter, just throw them in the bin.

@rrgilley , vsttransit.bundle belongs into the Components folder. Likewise the vsttransitcore bundle and GrooveAgent SE and HALion Sonic SE.

Ok thank you

I have the same problem (Mac): the SAM says Dirico 4 is activated, but it just hangs a tthe audio engine point. Licenses are up to date. Thanks

This worked for me.

Hi @leestreetstudios , see my answer to your post in Dorico 4 crashes on start-up on M1 Mac - #14 by Ulf

Thank you Ulf that advice made D4 boot up fine in Rosetta mode. :grinning:

1 Like

But what is the Eucon bundle there for?

It’s a component that gets installed with Cubase or Nuendo. It’s for interfacing to mixing consoles that adhere to the Eucon communication protocol. Dorico does not make any use of it. And as you can see, it’s an optional component, so you most likely want to put it in the bin.

Just wanted to add my data point:

• MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)
  • Cubase Pro 11
  • Wavelab 10

My Dorico 4:

1. Hung waiting for audio engine (same as everyone here)
  2. Started fine after deleting only the two directories:

cheers,

– jdm

2 Likes

Fixed it for me too.

When Dorico crashes or is force-quit, on the Mac, VSTAudioEngine remains on, and has to be manually force-quit before Dorico can be relaunched.

Is there a way to have VSTAE automatically quit when Dorico disappears from the tasks?

Or, maybe, have a dialog in Dorico, asking if one wants to force-quit and relaunch VSTAE when it sees it is unresponsive?

Paolo

Hi Paolo, yes, makes sense to have such kind of mechanism. We have to think that through, but I took a note of this and marked as feature request. Let’s see…

1 Like