On the second click of transport stop button, cursor no longer returns to the start position

off topic - great to see you back Dave - I was just thinking about you the other day wondered if you were still around :slight_smile:

(from the old alt.steinberg.cubase days)

NOT. HAPPY. :imp:

Totally been messing with my workflow. How does such a basic function that has existed for years not only get removed, but then overlooked? The real question is how long before it gets fixed? Ugh.

Thanks Dave, much appreciated! I hope it won’t take too long… In the meantime, it’s C10.5 while the wonderful C11 new features just take dust…

Holy crap! An actual appearance by a Steinberg employee in the Cubase forums. That’s something new and most welcomed. Too bad it’s because of a not so pleasant experience from users, but still …

Holy crap!

:mrgreen:

Thanks, Dave!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for answer!

This makes the application unusable for me. I use that double click many hundreds of times a session. I’ve only got two hands, so do I have to have a Dalek protuberance on my head to press 0 every time? Ridiculous

4 Likes

Hi,

This is known and already reported issue. Thank you.

Please address this issue as a priority. When workflows have been based upon 20+ years of using this application this version is frankly unusable.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. It would be a shame if I had to re-install Cubase 10. The elimination of return to start is a major inconvenience.

1 Like

really? Unusable?

Wow, Dave, thanks for showing up. Hope you will go thtough all the other user experience issues reported since years. Perhaps the new forum gives you a better look on the situation?

Thanks for taking care! Hope we will soon notice more improvements or fixes of what got broken

At least I now know it’s not ‘just me’ and yes indeed, it’s a right pain in the behind after 30+ years of Cubase usage (started on an Atari 1040!) - so yes please Dave, maybe you could ratchet this seemingly small thing up a bit in the fixit timeline? The current two options are neither what I actually want, the long time second click behaviour really was ‘the business’ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is still not fixed in 11.0.10

1 Like

It is absolutely RIDICULOUS that this was not fixed in this update!!!
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

it’s coming…

Hi D-Sane,

I think this issue has been fixed with the C 11.010.

These are my EUcon settings in Cubase and I have the double tap on stop button working for me.

When I press the stop button twice the Play head returns to the position, I last pressed the play button.

This did not work in c11 as I was not able to change the Eucon settings. Now that Eucon settings can be edited again I unticked the Tape machine style transport checkmark and the stop button for me does what it did with older Cubase versions.

Hope I did not misunderstand your issue and this is the solution you were looking for.

Have a nice day

Thanks, but Matthias already confirmed they didn’t fix it and aren’t fixing it until the next update. Other users have said it’s not working either.

I don’t use EUcon, so I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Ah Ok sorry then I guess I misunderstood you.

I use a control surface and Eucon is its protocol. And until the update that feature did not work on my surface either.

But having read through this post again I just realized that you are talking about using the mouse to DoubleClick on the stop button I can confirm that, when using the mouse, it does not work.

A known problem on Cubase 11 pro, not solved by 11.0.1 patch,

2 Likes

Why did you not fix this???

2 Likes