Only two months until Cubase 9!

Perfect, thanks Prock!

Here is the part relevant to the question I asked:

If you activate a new license (e.g. Artist 8 or 8.5) AFTER the release of 9, you still get the free update to 9.

The difference is that if you activate before the release, you get the license you puchased and will receive the free license update the first time you perform the eLicenser maintenance after the release of the new version. If you activate after the release, you receive a message during activation asking if you want to download the more recent license free of charge.

hi=)

using < key to add new instruments - cursor in the vst search field on open

variaudio - do not skip large parts of audio when detecting pitch

hitpoints- finer threshold hitpoint detection.so that one does not have to manually edit every hitpoint to be correct

timestretching - preserve transients on percussive material (no “under the pillow” dull first beat and erratic stretch

behaviour on every kick in loop)

crashguard - sandbox plugins so cubase cannot crash because of them

preferences- no need to redo preferences all the time (safe system that lets you revert to preferences from "last

working settings"

audio engine - no “audio dropouts” when adding new vsts… the added latency will be added to the project with

“smoothing” (the latency will be added gradually as to not notice any differences - like a record warble that is too

small to hear)

customizeable gui- “user” folder up top of the rightclick menu where one can add most used commmands
Customizeable inspector menu (also order of instrument panels can be rearranged)

mediabay v2 - Mediabay V2 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums
(also mediabay, always import with the preview volume- its very hit n miss)
(also mediabay, I want to hear the same sound when previewing and importing- i dont want the audio to get "dull and

lifeless on import" - keep it fresh)

render in place "fader level"option- set fader of new audio track to same value as source audio track (so that you can

process an event in realtime, render it and drag it back into the place from where u rendered it from without having

to manually adjust the level of the file for it to “fit” into the source channel (non unity gain render)

fix “always on top” buggy windows management

drag from audio from mediabay/arranger directly into other vsts and locations

Audio editor- make this a real audio editor with “cut” capabilities among hundreds of other possible edit options

Audio events- change audio events to be able to edit start/end sections of the event properly (dynamic resize audio

event and non automatic start/end hitpoint placement)

small zoomed out events in the arranger generally want to be moved, not made longer or shorter- everytime i grab a

“short” event, cubase wants to grab an edge n stretch it, not “move it”

midi inserts -ability to add midi vsts

dual mono pan option in panner options

record audio directly on sends track from send track (send/return rec)
record audio directly on rewire track

track delay - scrollwheel of mouse makes 1ms adjustments. ctrl modifier key allows for fine adjustments

tighter, sample accurate midi (try to address drifting when using external gear etc - if the tempo is 120 , the

receiving midi device shouldnt need to make micro adjustments by drifting up n down… most people use a set bpm and do

not make 1/10’s of a bpm adjustments when playing back) - “quantize the midi” - here i do not know if the fluctuations

are coming from cubase or the receiving end is reading it wonky. the way i see it is if cubase sends 120bpm midi

clock, the receiving end should be “stable as a wordclock” at 120 bpm and not warble like a warped record (sending

audio back to cubase from a midi slave is very inconsistent and drifty)

PLE - Make it useable for humans - enough of the cryptic garble… who are you kidding? lol… also add more useable

presets (even third parties have 1000+ presets for it)

macros - also here make em more user friendly (drag n drop rearrange etc.- also add a lot of macros that one can

activate/deactivate if wanted/needed) - macro to cubase translation - there should be a command in cubase for the most

used macros - some macros seem like “backoffice” workarounds for cubase command oversights.- also, the ability to add

macros to the “hopefully” new top-level user command folder in the rightclick menu under “macros” - again only adding

those commands one wants- not all macros

folders in arranger - give the folder an audio level fader and audio insert capabilities

notepad needs a refresh - lose the chinese “rendered from” text while ur at it (low prio)

mixer- add/delete/rearrange tracks from mixer view.

• also 90% of all my other request subforum requests (most of them are things that will not have to make you rethink or adjust your tried n tested workflow- they are mostly just enhancements of what already is)

cubase does not have to be an endless “under construction and bug fixing” software - It could actually work flawlessly

and introduce new 100% working features, workflow enhancements, less clickfest and more customizeable options on every

release (yes, do not drastically change it by giving it new “makeup” cosmetics every release, but have options- so if

you rather use mixer gui X than Y , you can change it in the settings for example… (i am quite comfy with the mixer

as is btw) - think of it in a modular way… one can add modules or remove them, change gui options for module X or

whatever… the audio/midi/timing module have to be supertight and are a part of the non changeable “root” module.

this module always runs perfectly and cannot be crashed or compromised. options are key here.

Look, I want you to succeed. music is my life. I do not want to “bet on the wrong horse” and commit to something that lacks the same commitment and love that i incorperate. If you wanna stay at an amateur level like all the other DAWs, human centipede behaviour (like with the vca implementation in dawland) or just want to do the bare minimum in a “bread and games” fashion to save money or available resources, please tell me so we can both stop wasting our lives.
there are so many things that were started and not finished… little things here n there- oversights and laziness

mostly… I want to know that you are doing the best you can. Constant peak performance so to speak.(and only if possible without negative effects or shortcommings) Using your intelligence wisely. Spiritually adept. connection to source. elevating and transcending cubase from “monkey” to “godly”…
cubase is going on 28… maybe its time for it to act its age…

address the root cause and not the branch effects.

Even though i have my doubts sometimes, I do have faith in you. I genuinely believe that you can make it.
My gratitude for your existence is immeasurable - and, while i do sometimes give you a little “tough love” I only have your best in mind. I want to activate your unused potential and help you grow. So please try to read between the lines and from an elevated birds eye view perspective when you read my thoughts and know that we are coming from the same place.
I will also try to refrain from negativity and speak to you from a non-bamboozled centered spiritual and wise state.
(as best and as truthfully as i am able to when needed)

Anywho… I wish us all - all the best with cubase 9.

Thank you ever so much and keep up “the great work”

=)

OK, it’s only a week away now (probably). I say - let’s indulge in some pointless speculation.

My starting point is the list of 5 features (out of only 16) that got voted in Steinberg’s poll:

1. Parameter undo/redo history for MixConsole
  2. Enhanced window handling
  3. Extend options to import tracks/channels in a project
  4. Extend resizing possibilities for the rack zone
  5. Basic sampler

None of these are the highest priority for me personally, but I’d take 1-4 quite happily and I think we’ll get them. I reckon the predictions of a UI overhaul are pretty sound, certainly in terms of window management, and the tabbed interface a la Wavelab 9 has to be a pretty good bet (again, as a 4-screen user personally I’m pretty unfussed about this, though it would help when only working with one monitor).

To be fair, a few ongoing bugs and irritants have been either fixed or publicly addressed. The stupid pop up on the screen edge is confirmed gone in 9, and that’s worthy of a few champagne corks alone. Quite a few disabled track bugs have gone, and hoping against hope we may actually get some workflow enhancements in that area.

I think one or two from that original list of 16 may also sneak in, I’ve boldened my likely ones:

More insert slots per channel
Ability to change channel order in the mixer

Ability to free-warp multiple audio events at the same time
VariAudio editing for multiple audio clips in one Sample Editor window to edit in context
Bézier curves and automation tools
Allow to show and edit automation data on top of track data
Changing channel width of tracks (Mono <-> Stereo) on the fly
One button-control tape machine-style varispeed
Wave Meters representing real-time processing like compression, limiting, etc.
Open VST Instruments and FX plug-ins of one channel in tabs
RMS level/peak over-time detection track

Essentially, mostly mixer improvements + the window management is my guess. As for the sampler - I honestly couldn’t care less…

Sampler would be fine for me 3 years ago. But now I already opted for Kontakt, and I doubt I will step down from it, the new sampler would have to be really good or really well integrated (like in ableton live for example). Otherwise, I don’t need mixer undo, don’t need different window handling, importing tracks is fine for me, resizing rack zone - whatever… If this is all that C9 will bring, it will be a sad one.
But automation curves would be welcome, although I would not update just for that.
I doubt they will make more insert slots. But if they make effect rack (like Studio One has, or like Melda MXXX), I will update for that alone.

Come along everyone, it’s out tomorrow (possibly - next week if not I guess). Let’s get some more pointless speculation going!

It will NOT come until 2017…

According to this statement: “This will enable us to provide the new video engine still in Q1 2017, which would be in accordance with the current schedule.” C9 will be available in Q1 2017 either, there is no reason to release it with the old video engine.

You missed this part:

Consequently, the engine will be available for future releases of Cubase/Nuendo and in cost-free maintenance updates for current Cubase Pro 8.5.x/Nuendo 7.0.x versions.

The general understanding is that the video engine is a separate issue to C9, and will be available for the other versions as mentioned as well - ergo it’s not a C9 “feature”. The term “current schedule” is vague enough to mean more or less anything. The retailers have been gearing up for a December release as normal, as (the often quoted) Guitar Center say:

In anticipation of the upcoming launch of Steinberg Cubase Pro 9, we would like to inform you that purchasers of Cubase Pro 8.5 will also receive a free upgrade to Cubase Pro 9 upon its release.

If you are in need of a new digital audio workstation, you don’t have to wait until the release of Cubase Pro 9 > in December > to start working.

You were asking for "more pointless speculation "…

And he GOT it! :slight_smile:

It’s a fair cop…

Well not to be outdone, none of the usual retailers jumping the gun, so I’d say next week more likely than this now.

All previous releases dates are Wednesdays, so if Steinberg really plans the release for first Wednesday in December it looks like 7th, next Wednesday o.O
I have got the money now. Take it. Cubase Pro 9 à vista baby ! :open_mouth: :ugeek:

Why does it have to be Wednesday ? Any Astrological Reason, or connection ? Superstition ? … ? :laughing:

“Wednesday’s child is full of woe …” :open_mouth:

Are necessary a new version each year to make best music??

This topic title is totally inaccurate now. :unamused:

wednesday is the day where cubase was released the first time,and its known day for luck in north germany,it’s also safe day like 3 days after weekend where lot of beer were consumed,and no mistakes are allowed by hangover on release day…
mmmm… just made it up,(after few beers ) :mrgreen: why Wednesdays really ?

There are also 52 wednesdays in 2017 :slight_smile:

When will appear Cubase 9? As a Cubase Pro 8.5 User, I want to know or it would be nice to know, when I can upgrade?

Many people are expecting it on Wednesday, but Steinberg haven’t made any announcement.