Option to disable Zoom being saved with Workspace

Here’s the thing: Very rarely is there any use for saved zoom settings in real life. And if someone would prefer this, it would take 1 second to create a macro for it. Much easier than trying to adapt the macro to reset the zoom back to what it was.

When working on a section of music or sound design, the last thing you want – when changing workspace to access necessary windows/tools – is for the entire view to zoom away from what you’re working on.

It’s currently bypassable by editing the workspace .xml-file, but that needs to be updated manually every time the workspace it tweaked.

I don’t understand who would ever have use for this function, but in case someone has: make it an option. Or let that person easily create a macro using a zoom preset instead.

1 Like

Yes, this problem makes workspaces unusable for me too. And for most people i assume. I read somewhere that it was not zooming in earlier versions of Cubase. Not sure about earlier versions of Nuendo.

Cant get the xml-thing to work out either. :frowning:

100% with you.
frustrating…

I found a workaround for this problem. Instead of opening the workspace directly I created a macro:

1. open workspace
  2. undo zoom
1 Like

The XML trick works.

You need to do this:

1. Save you workspace.
  2. Quit Nuendo/Cubase (as all settings are written upon exit, which is also stupid for so many reasons)
  3. Edit the XML-file according to this article:
    Global Workspaces forget Zoom & Position setting (How to)
  4. Start Nuendo/Cubase again and enjoy a workaround for something that Steinberg should have removed long ago.

It also saves snaping and quantize settings unfortunately.