Organ!

You can add more than one instrument to any player in setup mode.

1 Like

Good piece :slight_smile: The more I learn about Bach and his predecessors the more I think of him as a consolidator rather than an innovator - so many works are based on the Cantus Firmus techniques of e.g. monteverdi, and so many of his cantatas based on re-harmonised and arranged Lutherean hymns. Where his brilliance comes in is in his understanding of polyphony and his adaptation of these older ideas into a new diatonic tempered system

Yes you can change the instruments in real time in dorico without going through the configuration mode but using the playing techniques.
This works very well.

That, and among all his achievements, he perhaps took the fugue as far as it could go (DuprĂ© pushed it a tad further in his P&F’s—particularly the B maj and G min).

What always amazes me is how dense of a texture Bach can create with umpteen independent lines, and yet there is still absolute clarity. No mud. No chaff. It’s all perfect, and yet it’s rich and dense at the same time.

But you’re right: he’s the [undisputed] pinnacle of a movement, rather than the birther of a new one.