OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) & Cubase 7/7.5?

Trying to decide if Cubase 8 is for me but the elements 7 trial keeps crashing like wildfire on Yosemite :open_mouth: I can’t even reopen the test project I was working on… Corrupt. I can’t believe Cubase is this unstable! But there is no way to find out if 8 has the same problems… (no trial) I think I’ll pass on this one.

I had a similar experience with Yosemite and Cubase 7.5.3: after changing routings with audio inputs and outputs and some external instruments on a project, Cubase started to crash every time I tried to reopen the project afterwards.

I’m able to open the project in Cubase 8 though.

Hello there boys and girls,

I have some annoying problems with 7.5.3 and Yosemite, mostly with media bay. Each time I try to search for something specific in the media bay search field, the whole program just stops responding. The music continues to play in the background, but that’s it, I can’t click anywhere, I can’t save my project, I have to force shut down Cubase. Also sometimes it just happens randomly, while browsing in media bay. It’s freaking me out, I had to set my Autosave time to 1 minute, so I don’t lose crutial parts from my projects, but It’s just annoying. Oh, and sometimes media bay just doesn’t show the contents of folders I click on. It just keeps loading and loading, although the folders I click are not so packed, sometimes they contain like 5-6 samples, but Media Bay fails to show them.

Please Sternberg, it’s pretty amateur that a new OS upgrade kills your software, especially that I bought the freaking thing for 600 euros.

I don’t know when you bought Cubase, or when you installed it or when you updated to Yosemite, but Steinbergs advice was better not to update.
So don’t blame Steinberg for not following their advice…

Whoa! Easy there fella! You do know that Yosemite comes preinstalled on any new macs? And it’s not 2001 anymore… most people don’t set aside a machine devoted only to audio. Lots of reasons people might need or want to upgrade the OS…

Steinberg has had well over three months to test Cubase compatibility with Yosemite. It’s far from unreasonable to expect they should have had an update for 10.10 compatibility by now. ESPECIALLY considering C8 is listed as supporting Yosemite! (i.e.: Steinberg continued collecting customer cash for 7.5 knowing full well it did not officially support the current Mac OS!)

I have installed my CUBASE / with the STEINBERG installation.file…and I get successfully installed…BUT I CANT FIND THE CUBASE 7 PROGRAM… !!! (YES I KNPW MY MAC)

iman 27" 5k YOSEMITE Universal apollo twin etc+++.
senserly
jarleiceman

Yosemite & Artist 7.5
MacPro 3,1 2.8ghz Dual Quad Core 24gb

Best running cubase on my computer in a while. So far, so good. No bugs, glitches to speak of.

Yosemite on a Mac Pro 6 Core (late 2013) with Cubase 8, is working pretty well :slight_smile:
No major problems!

i am having a major problem , i tried to reinstall Cubase Elements however Halion Sonic SC seems to not be installed with the DL.

How about OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) with Cubase 6 ?
I don’t dare do the upgrade not knowing what i’m getting into
I know there is an installer available for this but still has me nervous

all comments appreciated

Hello,

First, happy new year !

I saw from the following site that Yosemite will be supported from February onwards (https://www.steinberg.net/nc/fr/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/steinberg-product-compatibility-info-regarding-mac-os-x-1010-yosemite.html)

It seems that Cubase 7 will no more be supported on Yosemite :frowning:

Do you know if it is still possible to order a license to upgrade to Cubase 7.5 (my current version is 7)?

I know the upgrade is available on some sites (such as Thomann), but I didn’t find to get an online version from Steinberg directly…

B.

Hi
imac 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7 2013 . put CUB 7 on Maverick =>updated to Yosemite=>updated to CUB 7.5 =>>>>>>

problem with windows files! periodically it does not open and the program flies! during renaming files just seen the fall of the program! as well as during an upgrade to 7.5 I had a second label! that is, I had 2 shortcut launcher! 7 and 7.5 is probably associated with the error in the files and a constant start the program!

FABRUARY ???

…FABRUARY ???

…FABRUARY ???

…Are you there ???

I just downloaded the trial version of Cubase 7 (Elements), and with installer patch it installed well BUT (!) any editors take absolute ages to open

it keeps quitting too