PC Windows ASIO multiclient driver by Charlie Steinberg

We have uploaded an unofficial ASIO multiclient application that allows you to use several application at once with the same ASIO device.
Please read the readme file carefully to understand how the application works! The tool itself is unsupported by us but if any questions come up, you’ll find a contact email address in the readme.
Use it at your own risk!

Please also note that some ASIO driver are already multiclient. Some examples are Alesis devices, Steinberg MI2/MI4 or Terratec interfaces.

This is an excerpt from the readme:
"[…] ASIO (Audio Streaming Input Output) is a technology of Steinberg.
It allows for low latencies and pretty much every state-of-the-art audio device is nowadays delivered with an ASIO driver (on Windows, at least). However, the basic idea behind ASIO is
that professional audio applications entirely take ownership of the ASIO device. Only very few ASIO drivers support true multiple application access.
This effectively means that you can not use 2 or more applications using the same ASIO device at the same time.

The ASIO Multiclient wrapper overcomes this problem by providing a ‘proxy’ ASIO driver (the ASIO client), several of which can connect to the one ASIO Server, which in turn
‘speaks’ to the target ASIO device (driver). The server mixes the output streams of all applications, and provides that mix to the target device. […]"

Download here: vidancehome

The installer will create a “vidance” subfolder in the program files folder. This is were you can find all files.

Have fun!

2 Likes

Wow… please update this and include it as an official part of Cubase!

I would love to be able to use my Apollo Twin as my main sound card and my Line6 helix as a secondary sound card for guitar input and re-amping only.

Trying to wrangle ASIO4All into submission has not worked well for me so far and I’ve given up on that.

I may test it before I do my reformat, so that if anything goes wrong… well, time for a clean install anyways.

I’m mostly interested in this to see if it allows multiple ASIO software programs to be open at the same time, so I can have a video editor like Adobe premiere, and Cubase open at the same time.

Anyone still using this?

hi,
can’ t download. some other link?
bye

Where is this driver?
Is it the one from vidance com slash asiomulti?

They are on the Steinberg ftp server. See the (edited) original post above.

Thanks. I think it’s Charlie who has added a note on vidancehome page about the current status:

IMPORTANT NOTE:
This is a very old project, provided for free. Unfortunately, we can’t afford to support it anymore. It turns out that it does not run with actual applications such as Cubase anymore, while it appears to still work with some other
DAWs. Very sorry for that, so you can give it a try, but there is no hope when the ASIO Client doesn’t appear in the list of ASIO drivers within your host.

1 Like