*PICS now! Please confirm these simple midi & audio bugs!

In all fairness, I did describe how to reproduce the issue in my first post but at that stage I hadn’t known it was only happening until the third recorded bar, reason being the project I experienced it in already had two bars at the start. I also didn’t include as much info. But I seem to recall the problem also happened when I tried the different midi recording modes as well. Either way, glad to see it’s listed as a bug now.

And yes, that was very kind of Jan.

Rev.

In all fairness, you didn’t post a prescribed repro in your first post and changed it throughout. :confused:

You starting up again? I didn’t “change” my reproduction anywhere. If you are so adamant about it please point out where I changed it. I only added an “*EDIT” in my first post to reflect that I found it’s only happening after the first 2-3 recordings. Perhaps you’re confusing the issues since I also discussed the audio issue in the same thread. It probably would’ve been better discussing that one in another thread, but being familiar with forums a lot of moderators often prefer people create one thread rather than several. Didn’t know at the time it was different here.

Rev.

right mr Rev attitude2010

you are on about a solid part going backwards to the first or last part recorded ie the one before the one your recording well does it intrude on your recordings ?does it ■■■■ up your songs ? does it cause any problems with the processor and slow your system down ? excuse me if im wrong ive only been using cubase for 25 years but i was brought up with the good practice of "GLUEING " everything together when you have finished a track so your so called “bug” should make it quicker and easier to do so and saves processing power for recognising parts . thats all i have to say on the subject as i cant stand helping people with major "forum attitude toward steinberg staff and people trying to help and you say you have a great knowledge of forums well i suggest you go back to the forum school you came from and ask for a refund for the teachings of :

manners
respect
attitude
tack
and forum control .

as far as im concerned your forum attitude stinks and i hope when you post “BUG” in the future everyone on this forum will have the sence not even to try to help you !
thats my 2ps worth

steiny sorry but i can’t stand seeing pretentious posts by numb nuts demanding !

regards
freq

And yours is no better you hypocrite!! It’s people like yourself that troll the crap out of threads. Each one of you that sees something that you are soooo bothered by responds with even MORE attitude than you think I have. Wow, that makes a lot of sense! - NOT. You ask if it affects my work flow - yeah it does genius! I work 90% in midi, but what do you care? You care more like the rest of the complainers on here to come in and try to insult me when it’s confirmed now I have a valid issue. And for the record, it’s not just the midi issue Einstein. Since I paid $500 for Cubase 6 I have to deal with the midi bug, audio behaving different than it has in EVERY other version including the last one 5.5, Reaktor 5 causing ASIO spikes without even loading an ensemble, and having to enable and disable a slew of outputs for multi-output VST synths.

So, to answer your question yet again - YES, I am having a large degree of negatives to my workflow, and I paid good money for it. How dare you come on here with your fanboy attitude telling ME, a customer that spent $500 on a NON-RETURNABLE product how to act!!?? You trolls make me sick!!! If you have something more to say to me please PM me. Pleeease do, I have some other things I would LOVE to say to you if you care to keep this nonsense going.

Rev.

Thank you all for making this thread possible !

I had simply accepted this issue as a part of my ‘workflow’ and just got used to simply cutting the extra parts out of my recordings.

Simply toggling my record mode will fix it all ! WOW NICE !

I cant wait to get back to my DAW and try this out !

Im sure many many others were helped who did not participate in this thread - such as myself.

Thanks everyone

i have nothing more to add too your non disruptive bug subject !

“troll” lol
you really do have an attitude and loads of anger ,if your that unhappy with cubase why haven’t you moved to your native lands logic ?
pm you pffttt your not worth it boyo !

Been using Cubase for years and have been very happy with it. I’m not terribly unhappy with Cubase 6, if I were would I have said in the very first post here, “It’s a very minor bug with a simple workaround, of course, but it would be nice to not have to create a part first every time before I record”?

What makes me unhappy and have “loads of anger” as you quote it is having people simply not be able to read, and hence why you have some imaginary idea that I am fuming over this bug which I am not. Anyhow, I detailed the problem and Jan’s first response was, “In your screenshot we can see that you have the record mode “Merge” on. This will merge the existing data into the existing event thus extend the borders to line up as you describe. Thats expected…”

That was incorrect, it is not expected behavior. The merge option merges midi data with what is already recorded. Even if there’s a bar between locator position 8-10 and I record a second pass playing midi notes there is no reason why the part should grow beyond the locators, it should only add to the existing part as it’s always done in every version of Cubase.

Then when I retorted his next response was to tell me again that it is supposed to do that and then quote another option in the preferences from the manual: “This is what “Snap MIDI Parts to Bars” does:”

That was also incorrect and not having to do with the bug I was referencing. I know what these features do and how they work. So yeah, I came off with an attitude because I felt like I was talking to a wall. I do apologize, but what’s done is done. Then Mashed and you have to form a lynch mob on me because of it.

My first post here was right after buying Cubase 6. I wasn’t aware in my first few posts that I needed to precisely report an issue in a 1. - 2. - 3. fashion. That being said, I’ve already asked if we could move past the nonsense and after Jan’s update then Mashed had to start in again. Then you joined in. I am done arguing with you guys. You can continue your lynch mob if that’s what gets your thrill on. I have no more time to waste.

Rev.

and its " being " … my point exactly ,insult all that tried helping you.

anyway best of luck to you :unamused:

You’re your own worst enemy. :wink:

Countless times asking for a step by step repro. Instead of just doing it, you decide to get in quizzing contests and alienate people trying to help you.

Sticky at the top says How To Report in big letters, also has bugbase in the title. Tell me again why you didn’t see it and then once pointed to it you still chose to ignore it?

Even after seeing with your own eyes how quickly it was affirmed after doing it the prescribed way, you continue to argue a losing point.

Says it all. :unamused:

Here’s why I say you didn’t contain all info in first post;

I record a midi part from locator position 2 through 10. Then I set the start locator position to 12 and the end locator to 14.

This is skipping only one measure, so I wrote;

Could it be you have retrospective record enabled and the first note of the take is slightly early? How about the first note just being slightly early? Is Snap MIDI Part To Bars enabled? Just spit-balling.

Then you changed it to;

Matter of fact when doing these tests I didn’t even start playing right away, and when I did I would just tap a few notes in. So there are no notes at all close the the start of the bar’s border nor the end. Just a few clean notes right in the middle area. And even if I had played a note too early it shouldn’t stretch a new take, for example, back 20 bars to the last bar on the track.

This is why I said you didn’t post complete info in your first post.

You’re the one who would rather argue than just do what you’re supposed to so you reap what you sow. :wink:

Reap what I sow?? LMAO. This is an internet forum. You take this far too seriously, not like anything here affected my life in a negative way in any respect. Matter of fact the bug got confirmed which is what I was after. Cheers duder. Here’s to my “reaping” :unamused:

Rev.

Well I, for one, would like to thank Rev for putting up with all this crap and fanboy-ism in order to see this thru to a result, which we now appear to have. Our software will now be a little bit better than it was before, thanks to him - this can only be a good thing, no? :smiley:
/FD

Try to use” new parts” → “mixed” for new recordings so the part does not get extended if you record a new part. This mode will not create stacks in the first recording cycle. Only if you stop the recording and then record on top of the take new stacks will be created. If you then want to merge data into this event then you can switch back to the merge mode and the event borders will not be extended.

If you select a part you can press P or Shift+G to immediately set the locators around it. “P” sets locators around the event and “Shift+G “ sets the locator, turns cycle on and plays back. Everybody should check out these handy shortcuts. If you somehow have the problem that the event extends the locator cycle you of course might want to cut away the “lose end”.

There is the command “Split Loop” (Edit–> Functions–> Split Loop). This will cut events on the left and on the right locator position. Per default it is not assigned to a key command.

You can of course also jump to the left locator with “Num 1” hit Alt+X to cut at cursor and then jump to the right locator with “Num 2” and hit Alt+X to cut at the right locator.

It is time to move this thread to the lounge.
What bonds us all is that we love music, digital audio and of course Cubase. :slight_smile:

Gr,
JHP

Hiya Jan. Thanks for that info. I was already well familiar witth the shortcuts, use them all the time. As mentioned though, I think until the bug is resolved, the simplest solution for me is to simply double-click first to create the part before recording. When first creating it the extending bug does not occur. The info about using “New Parts” will certainly be helpful to many. Thanks again Jan for your assistance with this issue, and my apologies for the earlier rudeness.

Rev.

Thats nice to see. Kudos for that, seriously. :sunglasses:

Cubasekind just may have a chance! :mrgreen:

Now you just have to email the other members of this thread some flowers: :mrgreen:

rev2010 has tried to gracefully end this thing, so why don’t the rest of you anal types just drop it…