Hi Matthias and all,
I as well have been thinking about changes regarding Track Inspector for couple of years now. It’s hard to believe that there have been almost no improvement for so many years. The change is long overdue, but better later than never.
Here are my suggestions:
1. Put Fader, Pan, Inserts and Sends into 1 tab.
- it is not necessary to display all unused slots for Inserts and Sends.
2. Auxiliary Fader, Pan, Insert, Sends of FX or Group track in the Track Inspector.
- Regarding the workflow, it would be very useful to display simultaneously Fader, Pan, Insert and Sends in Track Inspector also for one chosen FX track or Group track which is being used in Instrument Track. So the main (Fader, Pan, Insert, Sends) and one auxiliary (Fader, Pan, Insert, Sends) would be displayed at the same time.
By clicking specific Send in Instrument Track it would display Fader, Pan, Insert, Sends for selected FX Track or Group Track.
Additional assisting Fader, Pan, Insert and Sends could be displayed or stay hidden.
Maybe it would be good if it was graphically smaller than the main one.
The main and auxiliary Fader, Pan, Insert, Sends could be below or next to each other.
3. Possibility to use more than only one VSTi instruments in the Instrument Track.
- At the moment there can be only 1 VSTi instruments used as an Input in the Instrument track.
However, sometimes it is important to have the ability to use more VSTi instruments plugins in one Instrument Track. This would bring much more creative freedom. Having only one VSTi in the Instrument track is outdated and cumbersome. Personally I would prefer VSTi instruments to be inserted into Insert slots. By doing so it would be possible to have more VSTi in one Instrument Track. The instruments could be highlighted in yellow and the effects in green color.
For example, it is a very useful function in case I want to combine oscillators from 3 different synthesizers… or if I want to layer different VSTi instruments. In some instances, it is ineffective to create 3 different independent Instrument Tracks.
I am aware of the future design where there will be Macro controller functions in Cubase which will allow to control Cutoff filter of all 3 synthesizers at the same time, for example. In cases like this it would helpful to have an option for Stacked VSTi Instruments.
signal chain: Insert: Retrologue → Compressor → Padshop → Delay → etc.
or signal chain: Insert: Retrologue → Padshop → Diva → Compressor → etc
(In regards to Macro controller functions, I am hoping it will be possible to control various parameters from several tracks simultaneously using, for example, only one macro knob.)
4. Info Line (object selected info) could exist also in Track Inspector - just like Tab [Channel Info]
- This way users could have 2 choices: to display Info Line in classic way in the upper line info bar or in Track Inspector as a Tab [Channel Info]
5. Volume and Pan should be available in Track Header as well.
I still have a lot of other ideas about Cubase, which I would like to keep sharing with you in the future.
Looking forward to hearing from you about my suggestions.