Play Mode IRV doesn't add tracks for new voices automatically

I may be doing something wrong here - but when I turn on IRV in Play mode and then add new voices to that player in Write mode, the individual tracks for each voice aren’t automatically added in Play mode. I have to turn IRV off and back on again to get them to show up. Is this intended behavior? I searched the forums and didn’t immediately find another thread about this, so apologies if it has been brought up already.

Hi, Omnus!

I found a better workaround than turning on and off IRV as that resets the routing (at least for me).
Just turn on and off the power-button; see my post in the following topic:

2 Likes

It’s a known limitation at the moment that new sub-tracks for voices aren’t automatically created in Play mode on demand, but we know it’s quite inconvenient and we will do our best to address this as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

1 Like

This is still in Dorico 5 even with the play mode updates. When I add a new voice it doesn’t automatically appear in Play Mode unless I press the “Activate Project” button to deactivate the project and then press it again to reactivate it.

Are you definitely running the latest Dorico 5 update, @akoluthic? This problem should be comprehensively fixed by now. If you’re still running into it, it would be helpful to have a project and some steps to reproduce the problem, so we can look into it further.

Steps to reproduce (Dorico 5.1.10.2081)

1. Create new project from “Solo Piano” template
  2. Go to play mode, enable IRV on the piano
  3. Go back to Write mode, press Enter in Bar 1 to begin note input
  4. Press “Shift + V” to begin writing in a new voice, enter some notes
  5. Go over to Play mode - the “parent” track shows notes, but the row for the new voice you just entered is not present unless you deactivate/reactivate the project

Thanks – I’m not sure why this simple case is still going wrong, but we’ll investigate.

Hey, Daniel,
I would like to suggest a Feature improvement related to the IRV. Since it’s often needed for Divisi playback, when different articulations are involved.
Would be nice if we are having an option to Enable / Disable it in Write Mode.
Two places where it can be added come to my mind:

1. The Staff Righ button click drop - down menu:

2. The Bottom Panel:

• The Properties panel, or
  • The Key Editor

This improvement will eliminate the need to jump to Play Mode just in order to Enable IRV. Small, but time saving one.

Best regards,
Thurisaz :slight_smile: