Please get rid of the Red Outline while selecting clips in Nuendo

Another + for removing the red outline selection and use how Cubase’s events look when selected. So much easier to see on large projects.

I think the best thing they could do is have an option to choose which way you’d like the selection to be. Coming from Cubase, the red outline is still hard to see after 6 months of using Nuendo.

There’s an option there already but it looks very bad compared to Cubase’s inverted colors.

1 Like

Non-issue, select ‘color modulation’ in preferences.

As has already been discussed earlier, background color modulation won’t do the trick because:

1. It only affects the selection style of audio events. Not MIDI.
  2. Background color modulation makes audio events look weird and cluttered when not selected.

Also interested of whether this has changed in any way in Nuendo 11.

“weird and cluttered”: point of view, not a universal, personally I prefer the additional detail.

Don’t use red midi parts then, as already mentioned.

With so many Cubase folk adopting Nuendo, Steinberg should probably consider a one click mode select option for this in preferences, would save us having these pointless POV debates.

1 Like

I for myself am color-blinded. So despite the event color set, it is nearly impossible for me to see the red border. The Cubase-way however is ideal for people with color blindness.

So, as others have already mentioned: On option to have both ways user-preferable would be great.

3 Likes

Well guess Steinberg needs to acknowledge this is a problem first. Run a poll.

2 Likes

Please leave Nuendo like it’s been since V1. Red outline. If you don’t like it then go back to Cubase. I never liked when Cubase changed that feature but since I work exclusively on Nuendo it usually doens’t affect me unless I have to edit at a studio with Cubase. Been on Nuendo for 20yrs with thousands of hours of editing. Red outline is the way to go.

2 Likes

Personally, I would suggest that a Homer Simpson stand at the edge of the screen, who then wanders to the marked clip and always points with his finger at the marked clip.
If the red border bothers you - you shouldn’t use red clips. Very easily.

3 Likes

Please read the entire thread. There are lots of valid and objective arguments for making it an option.

5 Likes

+1 for Cubase inverted-style selection outline. Better GUI appearance, AND doesn’t impede color blind users as a red outline does, as was pointed out earlier in the thread.

1 Like

First of all: the title is misleading.
It had better be “give me another way to show selection”.
My votes:

1. Remove red line: NO!
  2. Keep red line and add inner white rectangle: hmm… sounds interesting
  3. Keep red line and add options like e.g. Cubase style: why not? is my favourite
  4. Change nothing: NO

Time for a poll? Time for a Steinberg reaction?

K

6 Likes

Absolutely agree!

2 Likes

Its been 2 years since i crossgrade to Nuendo, given choice i would move back to Cubase just to get the inverted color, to me the “hit point” is much more visible when the selected audio is in inverted color… its easier to sync the hitpoit to video… anyway an option between inverted/thin red line would be good , unless there an option to adjust the hit point brightnes/opacity in Nuendo…

Currently, This is the main reason Im not upgrading to Nuendo 11 yet

1 Like

We’re just asking for the option, not to remove it for those who like it. It’s kind of absurd to just say: don’t use the color red for your clips. If you need to remove on full color spectrum from the color palette to solve the issue, then there’s probably something wrong with the solution. And it’s not just red, it’s orange as well.

1 Like

I agree, add an option to remove the red outline

2 Likes

As said many times before, it is currently not possible to have that option.
It’s a technical issue, which would need a re-write of an entire section .

1 Like

If that’s really the case, I’d love to hear a Steinberg dev explain more in detail why it isn’t possible.

+1

Very often I end up deleting/moving/trimming/nudging clips by accident simply for not being aware that multiple clips had been selected. It can be a nightmare when I’m working fast.

4 Likes

@notanotherusername
The most frustrating thing. I keep forgetting (even after 20 years) that when you splice a highlighted section that other parts are still activated. Then when I shorten the track, I end up shortening another piece that isn’t even on my screen. I do wish there was a way to change that setting but I’ve never found it. Nothing’s more frustrating than listening to an export and finding out that you accidentally wiped out part of a section because two pieces were active after a splice.

2 Likes