Please help!!

Hi!

Yesterday I bought a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 studio (including Cubase LE6). After several hours of installing different stuff, I was almost ready to start recording my own music. There was only one step left (in the “quick start guide”), “Click on VST Audio System, select “Scarlett 2i2” as the Audio Device and confirm your selection”. I did as it said, but the problem is that even though Ive plugged the device in and (I think) done everything right, the computer or cubase, does not recognize the device, there are 3 other options (Something with ASIO, and one option is "Focusrite USB something)… I have an ASUS intel core i7, if that matters… Please help me, Im desperate.

Use “focusrite USB something”

Already tried that…

And what…? If you can select that, the computer recognises it, so what…? You can´t select it…?

Already tried that…[/quote]
And what…? If you can select that, the computer recognises it, so what…? You can´t select it…?[/quote]

Yes I can select that, and it doesnt work. Anyway the manual says I should select “Scarlett 2i2”, but that isnt an option…

Sorry, but I lost my mind reading abilities long time ago :unamused: - What does not work - the device itself?
After selecting the driver you need to det up the connections - have you done that? probably not…

That´s the driver for your device.

I think the device works, its brand new and hasnt showed any signs of not working. The problem seems to be that its not recognized by cubase. I think the computer recognizes it, it does that sound when you plug in a USB… But I dont know really, Im not very good with computers…

If you can load the driver, it is reconized by Cubase - you simply have not configured Cubase correctly as explained in the manual

What should I do to configure Cubase??? I dont think it says anything about that in the manual. I suck at this stuff… Did it have anything to do with the fact that I choosed 64-bit instead of 32??

Well well… I think Ill just reinstall it :confused:

Ive throwed the reinstalling idea away… How do I configure Cubase?? :question:

That won´t change anything as long as you refuse to learn the basics…

Au contrair it´s all in the manual.
Cubase LE 6 Quickstart guide → “creating your first project”
Cubase LE 6 operation manual “setting up your system”

I suck at playing guitars therefore I don´t play guitar…

No

See the parts printed in bold in my above post.
And “Focusrite USB something” is (quite certainly) the correct choice in your case.

See the parts printed in bold in my above post[/quote

Now I see the problem… I didnt get a Cubase manual, only a manual to the Scarlett 2i2… Well thanks alot, I think it might work out :slight_smile:

The Cubase manual comes as pdf on the install disc, or can be downloaded here

Yes, Ive already realised that it was on the disc :wink: But do you know if its enough with the Scarlett 2i2? The manual says that I need many different stuff. In the music store, where I bought it, they said it would be enough… I feel like an idiot, but I just dont get this…

That would depend on what you want to do… :confused:
If you want to record from a micophone, you obviously need a microphone, if you want to record several mjicrophones, you obviously need sveral microphones, and obviously the 2i21 only has 2 mic preamps…
If you want to make several cue mixes for several musicians, you obviously need headphone amps - and not to forget headphones… :question:

I want to record with one microphone, and I have one (and also a pair of headphones). But the manual says that I need some other things like a Multichannel audio interface, which I should connect to the “source to be recorded” and an amplifier and speakers…

If you want to record from multiple microphones at one time, you need a multichannel audio interface. If you want to record one microphone, you need a single channel audio interface. You have two channel audio interface, so theoretically you could…? I´m sure you get it…
If you want to listen to what you reorded via speakers, you obviously need speakers. If the speakers are passive, you obviously need an amp to drive them…
If you want tro listen only via headphones, you need headphones…