Please return: transparent events + wave image style menu

Here’s hoping!

Hello…

A lot of work went into re-designing the part appearance and display behaviors, consolidating all the different display/draw modes which where added over the years into the program. There was a lot of interdependency of all the different combination and modes which culminated in rather awkward code to maintain - or to extend. Nearly impossible. With Nuendo 5 the first batch of part appearance changes was introduced, with Cubase 6 we got it all together. Tidy, and modern looking, and with user controllable settings. It takes a bit of time to get used to it but compare a complex project in Cubase 5.5 with Cubase 6: It has a much calmer look and once you have seen it in action you will notice that there is purpose behind all this. As a tip: Ever wondered by “Use Background Modulation” and using the Range Tool never got nicely together? In Cubase 6 it all works and looks as it should and removes much of the “clutter”.

To answer the question about Transparent Events: The term itself (when viewed from Cubase 5.5 point of view) is a bit misleading. But we know why people have been using it, there are usecases where you need to see the grid underneath e.g. a peak of a waveform. Unfortunately we could not yet re-implement it back in time - but on the other hand we are now in the best position of having a fresh, modern looking appearance and adding it back without doing nasty things to achieve it. It is just not ready yet, sorry.

Best regards,
Christian

On a non-whiner note … I have to say that based on the videos, the interface LOOKS really good. You can see the difference quite easily. Can’t wait to see it in person.

Thanks for the detailed response, Chris.

Thank you ever so kindly for the detailed response. I know many of us here would appreciate this. I am glad we know up front that what we are after is not currently in Cubase 6, however, I am hopeful that you guys will reconsider and the fact that it should not be too hard to re-implement should mean we will hopefully see it in a future update. Again, thank you! We all enjoy this kind of interaction between the developer and the user base.

+1 on that.

Thanks Christian,
that keeps me from rushing to hamburg today or tomorrow.
Which is good, as I don’t have the time :wink:

As I said, I can not update, before ‘transparent events’ is available, again …
:frowning:

bye, Jan

oh no, transparent events are gone? that´s a pity.
jan

Hopefully this will be put back asap. I use it all the time to line things up and don’t think i will upgrade until this is back.

shame as i really wanted to upgrade!

Guess this one still needs a few pages, to get a high enough priority …

Sorry Dada,

but it doesn’t work this way. Please remeber that the forums is not the only way we get our feedback. So please stop with this. “Campains” like in the old forums we will not tollerate here in the new forums, and as you perhaps have notived there is allready much more interaction between Steinberg and the userbase here. Christian already gave an explanation.

Cheers,

Chris

That’s ridiculous (but still funny nonetheless)

Do you or anyone really think that thread about the VST bridge really altered the development schedule in any significant way?

Yes, I think that users can make a difference … … … sometimes.
I am the living proof.
:wink:

But if Chris says, that’s not the way it works, here, then …
it’s not the way it works.

peace, Jan

Right well I have a little problem of my own in another thread about a feature which has been taken away. :imp:

Care to take up arms against the empire there too?

+1 transparent events!

I only read the first post - I logged into this forum to JUST post EXACT the same.

I NEED transparent events. I don’t like the new “outfit” much, but everything is up to taste, I like that now this bar on the underside is missing - gives more room for the wave (like in Nuendo) - but this grayish hobbyist style events are just not professional the way they look. Ok, I am fine with that.

But NOT having transparent Events is a serious showstopper here!!!

Please give the option back otherwise we now have the perfect editing application but without the most important editing feature ever!!

Hello Christoph ,

Please have a look for the post from ChristianD

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for that info, Christian :slight_smile:
I too would welcome its return (for the reasons you mentioned in the main body of your post).
In the meantime…
I shall continue to do the same as when I needed to line up to e.g. triplets grid (which wasn’t available for audio tracks anyways :wink: )… i.e. put an empty MIDI track next to it, open the In-Place Editor, with the grid set as desired, and use that as a guide “ruler” track.
(although, am I right in anticipating that, with the new improved Grid, the Project window itself becomes a guide ruler?)

Christian,
I think it would help and strengthen your position as a respected admin if you would kindly refrain from using the authoritarian tone you sometimes chose to underline your point of view.
Please remember that the users here also work as voluntary beta testers to help debug and evolve Cubase, and while I can understand that their tone or demanding style also sometimes irritates you, I can see no rational argument to " not tolerate" “campaigns” for a missing or needed feature. The fact that there is more interaction nowadays is certainly welcomed by everyone, but I would like to say that this could have been the case long ago, as it has been on most other manufacturer’s forums.
How are we normal users, not part of the “important people in the industry” elite club, supposed to bundle any kind of user importance or give our needs/problems some weight if not by a “campaign” to make Steinberg aware of a lot of users requesting a specific feature?
Well I guess your post just pushed a few buttons of mine. No disrespect intended.

Oh verdammt, sorry, Yes! I was in an extreme hurry I was Not able to read… Sorry! Well, Brause that, C6 Features exactly what I ever dreamed about, so I was quite annoyed to step over this missing Feature…

Cheers!