Please return: transparent events + wave image style menu

I think the adjustable slider for transparency (as mentioned above), similar to that which Blue Cat Audio use on their plug ins, would be very cool.

Yep, it would be great to get an official response on this !
In the 6.0.1 thread, Helge replied to a few posts, but ignored the countless ‘bring back transparent events’ - posts …
… not very encouraging.

And even if they bring it back … it’ll take just another few month.
:neutral_face:

It would be very helpful, if they could release another pre-release, just adding this one switch.
( couldn’t really break that much ?! )

bye, Jan

Why was this feature taken out in the first place?

SX3 user here …

can someone post a “before” and “after” .jpg or screenshot of the “transparent events +wave image style” issue please?

THanks -

Here you go

Maybe Steinberg’s beta testers are not the right people for the job?

Not checked 6.01 yet, but the dragged-trancparency is looking great.

Steinberg, just that checkbox for checking “transparent events” please! Not more! Should not be rocket science - or not?

Regarding Beta Testers… I stopped thinking about that since Nuendo 2… One year with clicking crossfades and other serious showstoppers…

Awesome, SteveInChicago, thanks!

For those that didn’t catch it, vic france has come up with a workaround in the meantime, that (as usual, for vic france) seems pretty cool:

Postby vic_france » 17 Mar 2011 11:31
+1 from me too. As mentioned above, it is sometimes necessary to see the grid before dragging the event.
(btw, makeshift workaround already > :wink: > … set Snap to “Grid Relative”, with a fairly coarse quantize setting. You can then “drag” the event, and it will become transparent, although it won’t have actually moved yet > :wink: > )

Obviously they did a complete rewrite of the event / part drawing.
Transparent events didn’t make it in time for 6.0.0 ( and/or the feature’s importance was underestimated ).
Sadly a simple on/off switch didn’t make it into 6.0.1 ( and/or the feature’s importance was underestimated )

bye, Jan

After Reading all this, I think there might be hope after all…
Please Give us back Transparent Events!
So far I’m loving 6.0.1 … stable and improved… but for me to bust out 190 bucks for the update and have to “settle” with the new opacity slider… Can’t see it happening… Really hoping 6.0.2 comes out before my Trial is over.

Not really helping, here … :neutral_face:
You’ll have to constantly switch ‘snap’ on/off, if you want to ‘see’ and ‘move’.
Also, I need to set snap to ‘event’, when editing audio …

bye, Jan

Jesse,

Their is not a transparent option. If you want precise editing turn snap on and it will snap to grid by default. Their are other snap modes if just snapping to the grid would not be best in a particular situation.

If you have any further questions let me know.

Thanks
Jeff Deno
Steinberg Support

Wow. this is the official response. basically saying… does jeff even realize the differnce between an event an a transient? I suppose not. What an unprofessional response to a simple problem.

[/begin outburst]HEY STEINBERG, HOW BOUT FREAKING TELL US ‘YES’ OR FREAKING ‘NO’ IF THIS FEATURE WILL BE ADDED AS A PRIORITY SO I CAN DECIDE WETHER OR NOT TO SELL THIS USELESS FREAKING SOFTWARE! [/end outburst]

Jesse,

thanks steve. had missed the “noted” response. It’s better than nothing at this point. I love cubase so much. hate feeling crippled though.

I just can’t believe what happened in 6.0.1. :angry:

I thought it was common sense that Transparent Events should come back exactly how it used to be. As others stated it is often necessary to view the transients on the grid before moving them. Beside that I’m using Slip Events (ctrl+alt+drag) a lot. But events don’t become transparent with this function.

So, the absence of Transparent Events is still a dealbreaker to me - even two months after buying the software. Instead of bringing back what users asked for the development wasted its precious time to implement some bells and whistles. It’s still worse than it used to be in C5 and I have no idea how this could pass the beta stage.

I’d really like to know how many months we will have to wait for the return of true Transpansparent Events. If this is not coming back in 6.0.2 I’m definitely looking for another DAW. Feeling ripped off right now.

Hi mcp ( is that You, MasterControlProgram ? ),
I can feel Your pain,
with all the new editing features finally there, but not able to use them …
Helge doesn’t really sound like it will return in 6.0.2 … which would be … really not good.
I guess, they’ll have to finish Nuendo 6, after C6.0.2.
Which means : another half year, 'till transparent events return.
( Well, after all those years, we should know, that it will always take a long time,
'till a major release is fully usable. )

At least we now have 5.5.3, but it’s very hard to decide what to use, when starting a new project.

I really appreciate the improved communication !
Now they only need to improve the ‘understanding’ …

bye, Jan

I could not agree more, you would not believe the hatred for cubase/nuendo at my university…

Just thought I’d keep this thread alive in the hopes that steinberg might realize one day that some half assed drag transparent view bullshit is not what any of the people posting in this thread wanted. Cubase 6 has a plethora of features I would have loved to use, but in all honesty if they don’t fix this in the next major update, I’m pretty sure my business will be going to avid.

Hi Jan, yes that’s me. :wink:

I used to know that and bought all earlier versions not before the first major update (.1 or .5). But the feature-set of C6 just sounded too good (now we know it was too good to be true). I’m not going to make the same mistake again, i.e. always wait for the trial-version.

Now I’m back on C5. If Transparent Events are not coming back during the C6 cycle I’m definitely out here. Maybe Samplitude 12 will have some improvements. Than I could jump ship 100%. It’s always a race between the least worst DAWs. That sucks. If I would treat my customers like that I’d be broke.
[/rant]

Andi

Firt of all: I don’t need sliders to adjust Waveform brightness or anithing else (black waveform will work great)

1. i need Transparent Events to Align Drums and things like that.

I miss that Feature too.

Is there really no Solution?

Edit: Sorry I’m new to the new Forum i haven’t seen that we are already on page 5. Now i read it.
Thx to Christian again for the response. I hope it will be implemented soon.
But so far: Next week → Drumediting in Cubase 5