Poll for stability of C11.0.10 on PC , update from C11 or not?

Safe to Update
  • Stay on C11 until a hotfix is announced
  • It’s safe to update to 11.0.10

0 voters

I would never ask these sort of questions, i would just go ahead and bitE the bullet but apart from a couple of minor quirks in C11 everything is stable .
So is the new update worth risking this time as i’m seeing so many problems regarding the meter colours ?
Cheers

1 Like

I’m an ‘early adopter’ too :slight_smile:

I have to say on this one…I don’t think there are any fixes that I actually need - and I’m getting various crashes in the actual cubase app (not plugins) and it’s creating .dmp - which I didn’t get with v11.0.00. In fact the only v11.00.00 crashes I had were in the AVID eucon plug - which was ‘crash on exit’ and was annoying but not a show stopper.

I don’t really care too much about things like ‘meter colours’ and the like but I do care about stability. I don’t think I’m going to roll back - and it might be something specific to my install (it isn’t !)

(windows 10 - blah blah)

1 Like

Interesting , cheers , i think i’ll wait to see how this one pans out , im not tooooo bothered about the meter colours , great option but not a deal breaker , ,just want to see if any other bugs come to light before updating because i can’t believe how stable .0 is for a release , thats unheard of :smiley:

yes - it’s the most stable v.0 release i can remember. Might be worth installing the GA and retrologue updates as that’s relatively risk free.

These new crashes are bloomin’ annoying - nothing kills creativity more than ‘poof’ - oh well, first world problems :smiley:

1 Like

For sure , i backed out of an investment with AA plugin’s just because of locking on exit so stability is the key as you say . Have dedicated machines helps lower the risk but with all the ilok cloud and stuff using network cards and so on the risk gets greater with every update . Lost all my Waves licences due to an update a while back , most annoying , it was sorted but time wasted with Waves trying to get to the bottom of it and yes , it was a network problem . No Internet , no nothing on this machine apart from Steinberg software and a couple of other necessary hardware editors

1 Like

Cubase Pro 11.0 has been really stable for me from day 1 running Windows 10 (1909).

Nonetheless, I made the early jump to 11.0.10 on the day it came out.

However since then, I’ve had a couple of very weird things happening to my Cubase installation.

I can’t tell yet, if these are more Cubase problems or more Windows problems:

• An eLicenser problem complaining about deactivated licenses, first for some HALion Sonic content, which then “migrated” to the same error message but for Groove Agent 4 content. - Neither made sense, since deleting the instrument track and re-adding the same VSTi with the same sound loaded worked fine without eLicenser complaints. But saving that now working fine project and then re-opening it right away, triggered the eLicenser complaint again.

• Opening a .cpr Cubase project file from the Explorer, all of a sudden opened in Cubase 9.5 rather than Cubase 11. Re-installing Cubase 11.0.10 didn’t make a difference. The Windows default program for .cpr files was set and I set it again to Cubase 11. Didn’t help. So I uninstalled Cubase 9.5 and then the .cpr files opened in Cubase 9. Right clicking on a .cpr file and choosing Cubase 11 to open with, still ended up choosing the older Cubase version. And interestingly enough, the icons for Cubase on .cpr files also had disappeared (replaced by generic file icons) from the Explorer window when Cubase 11 was selected as the default app for file extension. cpr.
    When I changed the default app for .cpr files to an older version of Cubase, the Cubase icons immediately showed up in the Explorer file listings for those files. Changing the default back to Cubase 11 brought back the generic icons. - I ended up uninstalling all of the Cubase versions older than Cubase 10 (I had about 5 older versions still on my system). Then the icons came back and double-clicking on the files opened Cubase 11 ok again.

Like I mentioned up top, I’m not certain that this was a Cubase 11.0.10 problem - could have been something screwed up in the Windows registry on my machine. So I’m not putting this into the Issues forum.

If I get many more mystery errors, I may downgrade to see if it makes a difference. But for now, I plan on staying on Cubase 11.0.10. If that changes I’ll try to remember to post in this thread.

Thanks for your detailed reply , have you thought about updating to the latest win10 version to see if these issues are resolved ?

Until now, 11.0.10 has been as stable as .00 : knock on wood… I indeed experienced the meters colors “reset”, but beside this, no issue. Granted, I don’t use HiDPi, the hub or Eucon, but well… Beside this, VSTs scan went as usual (and yes, the Squasher is here…). I won’t talk about the update content and fixes, though, it’s another debate.

Now it’s saturday, so I have time for a more in depth test of the whole thing… :nerd_face:

For the longest time, I had the message, that it wasn’t ready for my device. So I stopped looking.

But in response to your question, I initiated a manual update (just completed) to 20H2. So now let’s see if everything still works … :grimacing:

No serious issues here with 11.0 or 11.0.10 to report.

Just noticed a post with someone else having a very similar problem to my issue with old versions of Cubase opening my .cpr files:

So it’s a certain "stay as you are " which is lucky as i deleted my version of C11.0 . pheewww

Hi @Nico5 -

I have had this problem for over a year now.

Windows 10 cannot cope with multiple versions of programs with exactly the same name - I sent a support ticket to Microsoft about it and they revealed there was a change are ‘looking into it’. This was a change that appeared overnight for me in a windows update; apparently something was ‘changed in the way the programme associations are stored’.
No updates for months on this though I’m afraid. That list of open with ‘Cubase, Cubase, Cubase or Cubase’ is just so unhelpful.

I gave up trying to open from project folders and just load the version of cubase I want to use and load manually. I have CB 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5 and 11 on mine as some of the studios and machines I work with can’t upgrade largely due to mac hardware/operating system limitations (built in Apple obsolescence!). :roll_eyes: There are numerous issues with backward/forward compatibility between these versions especially with Variaudio so I need to have all the options available to me!

Please do post back if you get any updates or hear other workarounds. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@ed_ruggers
wow! Thank you for mentioning that here - that’s very interesting and seems to imply that this is more of a Windows problem that may rear its ugly head on some installations, but not all.

In my case, I didn’t have that problem ever before and then it showed up a day after I had done the Cubase 11.0.10 update on Win10 (1909). And a couple of others have bumped into it, too.

In my case, I was able to solve it by uninstalling all Cubase versions up to (and including) 9.5; That cleared it up on my machine. – So now I still have Cubase 10, 10.5 and 11 installed and (for the time being) Win10 isn’t confused anymore.

I don’t have need for 9.5 anymore, but I wouldn’t be totally surprised if re-installing Cubase 9.5 would be fine now.

That crap to installation should support multiple versions.
I do a local copy (and have backups) before updating. So when the 10.0.10 is released I make a copy called cubase10.0.0 and that keeps untouched. It require extra space and extra work, but with random quality Steinberg have it is essential, and now when Steinberg tries to prevent installation of older version it is a MUST.

Has anyone actually managed to get hold of a C11 download to revert back to .0 ?

Unfortunately no. No response from anyone at all.

I found another option in My Steinberg howerer it redirects you to Download manager instalation :unamused:

I don’t know whether anyone else has noticed, but I used to be able to roll back to the previous version of Cubase 10 in Windows. In the control panel > programs and features > installed updates. I was able to uninstall the latest update if I didn’t like it. However, Cubase 11.0.10 is not there. So I guess I am wondering if Steinberg has changed that???

Yes they somehow removed all the options to roll back. I dont know if it is on purpose or by mistake.