Poor Realtime Performance on i5 12600kf - cubase 9.5 - win11

Hi there,
here’s my PC: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hlDcv4LXlc8TDUJKm3Qv14v
Setting buffer at 128kb (the bare minimum for real time performance with a piano - using Omnisphere btw) I experience clicks and dropouts.
All drivers are up to date (computer was purchased a few week ago, so I did a blank installation of everything).
Disabling all network cards, the problem still remains.
Latencymon doesn’t show anything particular (“your system appears to be suitable for handling real time audio and other tasks without dropouts”).

So I really don’t know what to do. The processor never goes past 35% workload, even in the busiest sessions, so the problem must lie somewhere else.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Pietro

Hi there,

Did you find a solution to your problem ?
I would like to buy a new config with a Core I5 12500 but I wonder if it’s a good idea regarding Cubase 12 warnings from Steinberg :

PS : as a matter of fact I5 12xxx don’t seem to be concerned since they don’t have e cores.

If you haven’t already, you’ll want to much around in the bios to make sure any power saving features are turned off. I’ve also found a pretty large bump in performance by disabling hyperthreading on my AMD 5950X. I thought that was only for older CPUs, but clearly not. Here are the recommendations I used to tweak my system:

• Disable Hyper-Threading (Intel)/Simultaneous Multi-Threading (AMD) in the UEFI BIOS if your CPU supports it and if your BIOS allows you to modify this setting.
• Disable advanced power-saving and dynamic performance options for your CPU if applicable. This usually needs to be done in the UEFI BIOS of your computer and includes ‘Enhanced Intel SpeedStep (EIST)’, ‘AMD Cool ‘n’ Quiet’, ‘Intel Turbo Boost’, and ‘AMD Turbo CORE’.
Disable C-States in the UEFI BIOS if this is accessible. C-States allow your CPU to sleep when idle, which may interfere with real-time applications such as audio. This option is often called ‘Disable CPU Idle State for Power Saving’.

I change my AMD Radeon Driver to "Windows Systemdefaul"t and deinstalled Adrenalin graphics tweaking tool, that helps in my case.