Possible to have subforums again? Cubase Versions - Feature Requests - Announcements - Bugs & Issues

Ok, so maybe I got it wrong and you can helpe me setting it up, the way someone would use a forum like everywhere else.
What I am interested in is being able to enter the forum and have basically three things to choose:

• all Cubase12 related issues sorted from new to old
  • all Cubase12 related feature requests from new to old
  • everything else Cubase12 releated

If possible: open all three things simultaneously in 3 different tabs. Before this was 4 clicks in total for everything, couldn’t be more easy and intuitive. Could not figure out an easy way to do this here, though.

You should not expect it to work like the old forum, it’s a different paradigm entirely.

Did you test the suggestions and links in my first post to this topic?

I am not expecting it to work like the old forum, I just want to see what I could see before, and how to get there easily, within a few clicks. And yes I tested the links, but what do they have to do with the issues I mentioned?

I suggested that you construct a url and save it as a bookmark. This is for when you need more than one tag included. The old forum was worse, since you could not combine subforums, even though many people posted to the wrong subforum.

That’s about all the advice I can offer.

Yep, that what I was thinking. So there is also no internal favourites/bookmark/shortcut system to let you customize what you see. Okay.

But then there is another issue when using the advanced search:

There is no counter for

• the views
  • for the replies
  • for the votes

I guess there is also no way to show that?
And what about the name of the last person who posted on a thread?

PS: The old forum was not worse, because there was no need to combine two tags like issues/feature-requests, or was it? Plenty of big forums world-wide work like the old forum did. would you say all these are worse?

I don’t say the tag system is bad, absolutely not, but give the people an easy and intuitive way to see what they need and make it easily accessible, not forcing them to use the advanced search or save URLs in our browsers.

1 Like

Have you explored the preferences page in your account here?
Forum Guide (New here? Read this.).

Yes, I have set it that way, that I mute all things, which I’m not interested in generally. But as already said, when entering the forum it is most of the times to look for feature-requests OR issues OR something else, not everything at once.

And even then, how to make the advanced search show all the additional infolike mentioned above, I mean there is plenty of unused space anyway?

This link will get you to all C12-tagged posts: Search results for 'Cubase 12' - Steinberg Forums

I created/bookmarked it from the advanced search. It can be modified, either from within the advanced search, or otherwise- for example, replacing the “2012” in the link with a “2011” will display all the Cubase 11-tagged posts.

I haven’t tried to see if one can do something like you requested, “Cubase 12” + “feature requests” from within advanced search.

This is potentially a big fail though, as it depends on someone making the effort to tag their post in the first place!

Yeah, it could be lots better. I support your feature request!

1 Like

There is a lot which could be better. I don’t have problems with new systems as long as they are convenient and intuitive, which imho is not the case here. To sum up everything:

• the name of the user you replied to is often missing at the top of a post you created. Thus, it is often not apparent to which post was replied to
  • When using Advanced Search, the number of clicks, views and votes is not displayed.
  • Also missing there is the marking, whether it was already read or not, whether there is an unread comment, or whether it is a new topic. But there would be enough space to do all this.
  • There is no possibility to save advanced searches as favorites, this would save a lot of click work. Instead I was told to save the advanced search as a bookmark.
  • You have to hide all categories and tags in the preferences that you are not interested in. These are tens of categories and tags, but new ones are added all the time, so you always have to update this blacklist. But it is exactly the other way around, that you rather have a handful of topics that interest you. So a whitelist would be much more logical than a blacklist.
  • It is generally not shown which user has made the last comment on a certain topic, which was the case before.
  • No possibility to specify signatures to make possibly important information automatically visible such as PC/CPU/ etc. but also personal information.
1 Like

Many good points, the one I quoted crossed my mind a few times recently. There’s a way to view it nowadays, but it takes more clicking, and is sometimes incomplete when you do get there.

It depends on which reply button you hit.

Nope not the case. I always use “reply” below someones post. Look at the screenshot. When editing my post it is clearly visible, that I replied to you, but it does not show that after exiting the edit window. Lo

Look at @alexis answer to that issue above.

I don’t follow, what is it you’re saying?

I was just quoting alexis answer to the issue I pointed out, as it seems you have not seen it!

This happens when the reply is immediately below the post to which the reply is addressed.

The video below, originally from this post above shows my profile, which replaces in-line sigs. Click a user’s avatar to reveal.

1 Like

The problem with your solution as i see it, as i mentioned above, is that the signature is cutoff, don’t get to see full specs.

Better in previous version where entire sig was visible, and with zero clicks, wouldn’t you agree?

1 Like

No, I prefer this. In the old forum, sigs would take up inches vertically, some were ridiculously long.

In my profile the important info about my setup is visible in one click. It’s a fine trade-off, imo.

It’s curious to discuss this topic with a user who has had their profile hidden. Edit: I see it was switched it back on after I posted, guess it was hidden and forgotten for a time