"Post It Notes" - Stickied to regions, etc

Sometimes I find it could be handy if I could make notes right in the project.

On regions/waveforms:
-Marking problems + description/solution
-Notes or interesting parts on different takes

on channels:
Channels already have notes, but what about notes on/by the fader about different levels and changes.

Yes, this would be awesome. A lot of times I want to take notes, but it’s easy to forget that you made notes because they’re always tucked away. I end up writing on a notepad or posting to google keep, but it would be much nicer to have this feature built into cubase like you described.

+1

Thanks for the replies, also incredibly useful for multiple people working on the same session.

ie, exec producer can listen through a session project and just make notes everywhere - what needs to be better, what needs to be edited, vocal intonation weird here, etc, etc.

It would be great if there were some features within this system like:
-Original note is posted, then others can add their own notes without changing the original, ie, notes on notes.
-People can check/sign into notes, ie, Note Seen by: - Adam W. - Hong L. - Chris M
-Different symbols for different types of notes: Idea, Emergency, Priority Level, Mistake, Edit, Question, Completed/Uncompleted.
-Colour coding
-Notes list - displays notes in a list complete with sorting features such as: Last viewed, hidden/non-hidden, completed/uncompleted, date created, created by, etc.
-Allow pictures in the notes with basic drawing tools - hardware recall settings, ‘print screen’ screen grab,
-Link to other notes, ie the same or similar problem might repeat in other areas. Maybe sub-notes could be created.

+1

Yeah, the channel strip is sort of an odd place for notes as well… I almost never use these notes.

I’ve ended up using Markers and editing their description which works pretty good, but that gets cluttered and if you have a 100 tracks, or a lot of takes, it’s sometimes hard to know/remember what the marker was for. I also use Arranger Regions and edit their names and I also use the Description feature for regions themselves. But, still, this leaves my notes scattered, hard to see, lots of accidental deletions, etc, etc.

Resosnant Mind, exactly!

I think “signing in” to notes might make it a little over complicated, but I think people could simply have their own systems for recording communication, like just type your name after each note you take or something…

Also, I REALLY love your ideas for also being able to draw on the notes or have pictures, and the notes list idea is also great.

I was thinking more a long the lines of having an optional user login protocol for sessions actually, sort of an idea of its own. So peoples names would automatically be checked off on a note if the open it up, or names would appear if they make/add notes. But yeah, I agree, this would be a big and complicated feature to implement.