Preference not working: 1st Tab in Inspector Always Opens

Every time I open a project in Cubase 9 the 1st tab (Track Name) in the Inspector is always open and the other Inspector tabs are always closed.

This happens every time I open an existing project even though I have the Cubase>Preferences>General>Open Projects in Last View Used option set to “Always”.

This is not how it is supposed to work according to the Cubase Op Manual section I copied below. Also, this is not how it worked in previous versions of Cubase when the same preference setting was used.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Prerequisite: Cubase>Preferences>General>Open Projects in Last View Used option set to “Always”.
  2. Save and close a CB9 or CB8.5 project in CB9 with all of the tabs in the Inspector section closed (or saved with other inspector tabs open per your liking).
  3. Open the same project just saved in the above step 2 or open any existing CB9 or CB8.5 project in CB9 and the 1st tab in the Inspector is always open and the other Inspector tabs are always closed.

"Open Projects in Last Used View Allows you to select whether projects are opened using their original window layout and settings, or using the view that you last used on your computer. This can either be the last used view that was saved on your computer or one of your specified global workspaces.

• Never - Projects are always opened using their original window layout and settings.

• Only External Projects - Projects that have been created on a different computer are opened using the view that you last used on your computer. Projects that have been created on this computer are opened using their original window layout and settings.

• Always - Projects are always opened using the view that you last used on your computer."

Please correct this behavior. Thank you.

Regards :sunglasses:

I can replicate this issue, as I stumbled upon it myself.

Same behaviour here with C9.0.1

Confirmed.

I would also like to suggest:

1. That these tabs be LOCKABLE. Even when they worked in previous versions, they were too easy to accidentally change.

2. There should be an option to set up a Default Setup For New Projects.

3. There should be a key command for each track to ‘Revert To Defaults’… where you can select a bunch of tracks and have their tabs automagically revert to your preferred setup.

This does not appear to be fixed in 9.0.10. Can anyone else confirm or deny?

The issue that I reported in the OP seems to be corrected for me.

Meaning the tabs in the inspector section of each track open in the same state as when I saved and closed the project. Provided I saved the project before closing and I have the settings in the Cubase>Preferences>General>Open Projects in Last View Used option menu set to “Always”.

Remember… with this setting, projects are always opened using the view that you last used on your computer.

Meaning it does not open each project as it was last saved. If this is what you are looking for then that is a whole other topic and feature request (not technically an “Issue”). Feature requests for that option have been submitted for past versions. I am not sure if it has again been submitted in the CB9 feature request forum. If not, it should be. I’ll search and submit one if I don’t see one.

What are you seeing/concern?

Regards :sunglasses: