Problem with Ctrl+Mouse Wheel zooming in Dorico 4

Congrats on a fantastic update!

When working on large orchestra/band scores, I zoom in and out frequently using Ctrl+Mouse wheel (on Windows).

In Dorico 4, I’m noticing that when I zoom with Ctrl+Mouse Wheel, I find the score also scrolls significantly left or right in addition to zooming in and out. The spot I was looking at eventually leaves the view entirely and I lose my place in the score. If I have an object selected, and I zoom out, eventually it leaves the view as well. It’s almost as if I am simultaneously getting the horizontal scrolling behavior of Shift+Mouse Wheel. This is most noticeable when zooming in or out from the middle of the score.

I never had an issue in Dorico 3.5 or prior and I don’t think my own behavior has changed in the past week. Could this be a bug with Dorico 4?

Welcome to the forum! This is a bug that’s being worked on. See this recent topic.

Thanks - somehow I managed to miss that post! This one can be deleted.

1 Like

Sorry for the inconvenience, Alex. The good news is that we have already fixed this bug internally and it will certainly be fixed in the first maintenance update, coming soon.

1 Like