Problems with updating to Cubase 12? Please read this first before posting!

Thank you all for your patience and perseverance!

Awesome!..you have been very helpful!

Leif

i finally was able to activate cubase 12

But i think its not acceptable professional producers (not me to be honest) with a hard deadline cant continue working (main issue: old licence got inactive)

i understand your licencing servers are old and outdated . but i am working in it business for worldwide lottery systems and servers, where those issues are showstoppers with a huge penalty fee valid from customers

i also understand you are in changing the licensing model currently

just be aware to make it stronger to be able to handle the amount of expected upgrades on release day

also a documentation about how the licence upgrade (grace perdiod) is to be done would be nice

also ā€¦

is this true - a downgrade ? any new vsts instead ? out of the CuBase 12 Release Notes

1. "### Due to technical reasons the following plug-ins and technologies have been removed from the product scope
    • VST instruments: Mystic, Prologue, Specter, LoopMash are no longer included in the factory content of Cubase."
  1. no more VST2 support

Thanks and Br

Wolfgang

你儽ļ¼Œęˆ‘也ę˜Æčæ™äøŖęƒ…å†µļ¼Œęˆ‘ä¹°äŗ†ē²—cubase11ļ¼Œęˆ‘åœØ官ē½‘ę³Ø册äŗ†ä½†ęˆ‘ę²”꜉ęæ€ę“»å®ƒļ¼ŒčÆ·é—®ä½ č§£å†³äŗ†å—

Dear Sir /Madam,
Thanks for the reply. There are various issue regarding Like:
Today I have perform the maintenance process successfully on elicenser but in Cubase Pro 11 ( Not Upgradable ) as I have purchased & Activated it after November 9th, 2021ā€¦ But Yesterday in the night it was showing Grace period eligible but now notā€¦I also received the redeemed code for Cubase Pro 12ā€¦ Now in the morning I have checked it into My Steinberg account it was showing not activated under Cubase Pro 12ā€¦ But as soon as I perform the maintenance process it not showing inti the account but it is showing activated on My Steinberg Activation Managerā€¦ There is a confusion regarding the valid activation.
Under the Products Tab there are two options showing :
Show Steinberg Licensing-based products & Show eLicenser-based products, While clicking on Show Steinberg Licensing-based products ( it is showing Cubase Pro 12 Used on 1 computer but while clicking on the second option Show eLicenser-based products ( there is no Cubase Pro 12 & under Cubase Pro 11 showing (Not upgradeable)ā€¦I am sharing the various screenshots for Your referenceā€¦

Please help & solve the issueā€¦One More thing under eLicenser Control Center & Steinberg Download Assistant ( My Products section )still there is not showing any Cubase Pro 12 but the software is opening & running on the PCā€¦
Hope for a favourable replyā€¦
Thanks & Regards

I run maintenance task and it is not telling me my license in elicenser is grace period eligible, but i ACTIVATED it on teh GRACE PERIOD day, i should be on grace period status! First the usb elicenser broke, now you FAIL to acknowledge my grace period (I have timestamps and receipts that I activated pro 11 in the grace, funny enough even THAT had probelms and broke my original license!)

here is my PROOF!!!

why am I being DENIED A GRACE PERIOD! i cant believe my 10 to 11 BROKE y elicenser, and now goign from 11 to 12 is all the same crap not working! I expected, taht by going online and ditching elicenser, i wouldnt go through waht i ihad to upgrading from 10 to 11 when my usb licenser (badly built by the way) broke and your servers corruped my license! And now its more of the same! not cool!!!

1 Like

Hello, i never active Cubase Artist 11, because i donā€™t have the doogle, but i bought the CA12, can i activate 12 version with out Verification Pending message???

@Matthias_Quellmann help me pleaseā€¦

Cheers

Ok, so now the elicenser software completed its maintenance, it says I am eligible for an upgrade to 12, the activation manager says I have no valid licenses, and I kinda donā€™t know what to do at this point.

1 Like

In the Activation Manager, click on your ā€œuserā€ icon and do a grace period check.

I know, all of this is so simple and straightforward, right?

Hi there, running into the same issue as Kush. I was having issues earlier with the server. Now it seems cleared up, but when I run ā€œMaintenanceā€ it goes through all the 6 fine now, but no indication of Grace Period Eligible anywhere.

So I go to check Activation Manager, and nothing appears under my account. It shows up in my eLicenser based products view. Do I have to reactivate the license? It was activated on 1/1/2022.

Hi @Matthias_Quellmann / @Ben_at_Steinberg , I havenā€™t activated my upgrade from Elements to Cubase 11 Pro yet, so will qualify for the grace period, however once Steinberg announced they were getting rid of the dongle for Cubase 12 Pro, I didnā€™t buy one. The grace period process seems to rely on me activating on a dongle that Iā€™ll never use and then converting. Would you mind letting me know what the solutions are here please, as I was somewhat expecting that the code could just be entered into the new licensing system.

I canā€™t get past the SAM "sign in ". It launches, I sign in then it hits me w/a:

Authorize Steinberg Activation Manager

To authorize Steinberg Activation Manager, you must allow your browser to open Steinberg Activation Manager. Once authorization is completed, you can close this page and continue working with Steinberg Activation Manager. [Try Again]

I have NO pop up blockers on, Allowed browser permissions, turned off my Virus blocker, dongle maintenance etcā€¦ and still nothing.
I even tried a completely different browser.
And I have to kill the processes after every failed attempt because the SAM wonā€™t relaunch after a failed attemptā€¦

My 11 now says Not Upgradeable and shows that it was activated today ā€¦ Iā€™ve had it since it came out.
Holy Cluster#*%!

W/all the crap going on in the world I feel petty even posting this but I really wanted to get away from all the BS for a whileā€¦not quite what I had intendedā€¦

1 Like

Yes same issue I am able to open the Cubase Pro 12 but it is not showing into My Steinberg account now neither in Steinberg Download Manager Assistant My Products Section nor into eLicenser control center even after successful maintenance process not Cubase Pro 11 showing ( Not Upgradable )

1 Like

according to the actual directions, there is nothing needed to be domne with elicenser, youre just only suppsoed to download steinberg activation assistnt then check for grace period. but unfortunately, that DOES NOT EVEN WORK!!!

Is it showing in the Steinberg activation manager? If itā€™s not on your desktop look for it in start.

1 Like

Grace period but make us lost important job, cannot make a flow job. Stuck with terrible update from system software.

How cubase solved this for customers,
I lost my important job , cannot work it done.
Crazy grace period but make lot of customer stuck with this !!

No happy , no good!

Yes, Is it showing in the Steinberg activation manager. But not into My Steinberg account Page on website nor in any other Steinbergā€™s softwares like elicenser Control Center, Steinberg Download Assistant My Products Sectionā€¦What type of activation is it ? Now while checking into My Steinberg account it is showing for Cubase Pro 11 that the product is activated on 3/3/2022 but I have activated it last on 12th December 2021ā€¦If I want to change My SSD or reformat My PC how will I reactivate it?

I donā€™t know 100% but I would say download it from Download assistant.

Then you probably put your account name and password in.

Edit: I have it on the website under the products page and the second option of ā€œShow Steinberg Licencing Based productsā€.

I have activated My Cubase Pro 11 on 11th December 2021 but now under My Products Section on website the activation date changed to 3rd March 2022ā€¦I was eligible for grace period but now it is showing under Cubase Pro 11 tab ( Not Upgradeable)ā€¦How Steinberg Team will help Me in this issueā€¦I have created another ticket but now I have to wait for another 10 hours to reply on that post as I am a New User so My post has restricted for 10 hoursā€¦

1 Like