Question about CPU clock speed

For those uninformed on elevated processes:

HTH

3 Likes

That’s new to me.

Found this from a search to perform a clean install of windows 11.

reset PC

Or will this option reinstall the bloatware because at the end of the step-by-step procedure it state “Once you complete the steps, the recovery feature will continue with the reinstallation using the locally available image of Windows 11. If you have a computer from HP, Dell, Acer, or another brand, this process will restore the original settings. This means the factory settings, drivers, applications, and tools the manufacturer included in the custom image.”

I’m nervous about what factory … applications infers.

It just means it will look like it did when you first ran the computer. You can simply uninstall the applications.

Depends what brand it is, I personally wouldn’t do that un-necessarily as you’ll most likely just end up with what you started as most manufacturers install from the same image you’ll be invoking anyway.

Do you have the machine now, and is there much bloat on it?

1 Like

By the way – I have been using this util for a couple years, it makes an easy task of removing unwanted installs, plus some other useful stuff.

2 Likes

Generally, laptops come with a lot more drivers and third-party programs needed for what’s specific to laptops, say, keyboard special keys/lighting, touchpad, camera, useless overlays, pre-installed unnecessary anti-virus and random programs, etc…
If you feel confident with installing Windows from scratch then that would be the best thing you could do.

That’s what I always do for a PC clean-up.
I download the latest installers for each of my programs and drivers, and I put them all in a second drive, then I boot the Windows installer on a USB flash drive and I wipe the whole C drive/partition.
With an NVMe drive, this process takes no more than a few minutes, literally, from booting the USB drive to the Windows desktop
All clean. Then I just connect to the Internet, let Windows download the updates and install them, and when it’s done I only have to reinstall everything that I need, which doesn’t take long since the installers are ready.

1 Like

Just an FYI to anyone who may have been following this thread.

I couldn’t find USB Selective Suspend.

It wasn’t available (listed) in the Windows 11 Advanced Settings window in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings. Did a search and found you have to go to Device Manager>USB Controller>USB Root Hub and change it under the Properties tab.

Thanks to everyone who responded in this thread.

1 Like

Its True