[Question] How to drop the "Copy of" when you duplicate ?

How to drop the “Copy of” when you duplicate a trak ? I’m fed up of deleting them at each time :unamused:

haha me too… unfortunately I don’t think there’s any way to get rid of the “copy of”

Yes there is.

Thats logical :unamused:

As logical as a pic of him holding a fish that’s almost as big as he is and using that for his avatar. Well, not if this were a fishing and hunting forum.

Program Logical editor! then make a preset.

Thanks for your “answers”.

So i will continue to lost soem time in deleting them. No cleverness here in the behavior of Cubase such like ant renamer, where you can find to increase sequentially a number as a prefix or a suffix or a lot of things. It’s really poor. :imp:

I doubt that’s him, hardly looks like the golden retriever in his previous avatar :mrgreen:

Wasn’t a golder retriever, it was yer mom. Amazed you didn’t recognize her. :wink:

@Yer Mom III,

You seem to have an agenda to be purposefully unhelpful as illustrated below.

May i suggest you change your signature and your attitude towards our fellow forum members who come her for help and advice.

Cheers,

Carey

At least Yer mom isn’t enough of a bully and has enough sense not to go trawling through other peoples’ posts for something to do.

And taken out of context some of those posts were received at a good face value and are not half as offensive as you try to make them look. But he’s right. There are more than a few 40watt dimmos hereabouts recently.

Back to subject: Would it be helpful for you to create, at Project setup or in a template, several dummy tracks to drag your duplicates to instead of copying the whole thing plus settings etc. Which is what, for lack of any other info, I presume you mean.

“Back to subject: Would it be helpful for you to create, at Project setup or in a template, several dummy tracks to drag your duplicates to instead of copying the whole thing plus settings etc. Which is what, for lack of any other info, I presume you mean.”

Not really, cause it’s never the same. I don’t know what i will need, sometimes one or two take are enought, sometimes i will make 20 takes of guitar to find the right sound. As the number of tracks (and especially in cubase artist) are limited, i can’t make for example a 32 tracks for each groups availables in an empty project. But it’s an idea, i will search.

Anyway, this is lack in Cubase IMHO.

Thanks for your answer.

I found a trick by hazard lol. If i took my latest track and i drag and drop it below, it’s create a new track with same settings as previously. And it could work for any number of track at the same time. The new tracks are marked with audio XX and not the dirty copy of.

It’s not the solution, but it’s a usefull trick.

I didn’t understood it very well. You do a better answer anyway. Let me try it and give you a feedback on it.

Cheers.

After I posted it, I tried it. But in a Macro it doesn’t seem to work, nor with a direct shortcut/Key Command.
As Project Logical Editor preset it does work though (Apply button). But it replaces all the “Copy of” names in the project, not the single duplicated track.

Anyway, here’s the action for the Project Logical Editor (Edit → Project Logical Editor)

Add Filter: Media Type is; All Types
Add Action: Name; Replace Search String; Copy of;;

May I suggest you mind your own business? :wink:

Taking my posts out of context is lame. So’s your spelling and punctuation. :laughing:

Yer Mom III, I’m sure you’re a very nice person and your behaviour on this forum is not indicative of who you really are.

Cheers,

Carey

Heh.

I myself do want to have the “copy of” on duplicated tracks, and rename them one at the time when they’re no longer copies but edited tracks.
The point of duplicating is to preserve setting and loading of fx and instruments etc, so to me it is fine to see what the origin is just by a look at the track list.
If I want to add tracks with out any presets, fx etc…I add tracks.
Just my two pence of thoughts. :slight_smile:

• 1 (!)