REAKTOR bug fixed in C6?

Yes. Do you even know what we’re talking about?

The best way to complain is to first complain in the right place. The title says REAKTOR BUG. :unamused:

For those who might have missed it: we even have an update: jBridge v1.3.

I found mine a few days ago in the spam file of my e-mail account, so check your spam!

THE IMPROVEMENTS: (copied from João`s e-mail)
jBridge v1.3( changes from 1.2):

• Improved midi event handling.
  • Improved automation events handling.
  • Improved handling of files that fail to load as VST plugins.
  • Reduced memory usage.
  • Now supports plugins with up to 64 outputs by default.
  • fixed crash that could happen when loading projects in v1.2.
  • fixed crash on load with some plugins in v1.2.
  • fixed crash with some plugins when saving data in v1.2
  • internal compatibility option added for better handling of Waves shell
    plugins.
  • now checks if all the related processes are running with the proper
    privileges and warns the user if needed.
  • fixed missing dll problem with some plugins.
  • no more false crash warning when a computer running “jbridged” plugins
    resumes from sleep/hibernation.
  • Added new “legacy integrated mode” option, which is enabled for
    backward compatibility purposes. May need to be disabled in some hosts
    for automation to work.
  • other minor fixes/enhancements.

jBridger tool v1.2:

• fixed crashes when scanning some plugins.
  • It’s now possible to choose to process only 32bit plugins, only 64bit
    plugins, or all the plugins.
  • added an option not to add .32./.64. to the created files names.
  • fixed a problem where sub-directories would not be scanned in some
    systems.
  • other minor fixes/enhancements.

I have loaded up Cubase Studio 5 after a long time again. So, I first installed the 5.5.3 final update (32bit).
I use Reaktor 5.5.1 on an i7-2600 PC with Win.7 64 and 8 GB RAM, my brandnew DAW.

Reaktor as a VST in Ableton works well. In Cubase, however, the Reaktor behavior with the ASIO spikes/crackles is still there.

Now, I know the various workarounds with the switchings of multi-processing or Windows task manager process affinity.

There is another workaround, the fastest for me, as an RME 9632 user.
Here, the RME Hammerfall DSP settings link icon resides in the systray of the windows taskbar. I call it up by clicking it once and then I change the ASIO sample buffer setting, usually from 128 (my preferred setting) to another value and back to 128 (without closing the Hammerfall settings window between the two switchings). This cures Reaktor…until the next instance, of course, is started.

This fast workaround must be applicable also in the case of other audio interfaces besides RME. Just link your ASIO settings dialog to your task bar, if possible.

Hope this helps some of you. Or is there a better workaround ?

Sorry for posting this in the C6 forum, but this thread is quite handy here. :confused:

Hello,

Please no C5 posts here. Still not a problem from our side. Native is aware (or did they already bring a patch?)

Cheers,

Chris

Hi,

i had a very nice support conversation with NI about this problem the last days.
NI is now able to reproduce this strange behavior. The support guy told me that NI is now working on a fix for this problem.
Maybe this is a good sign for the future :wink: Let’s hope so…

That’s good to know.Jbridging is ok but working properly is the ultimate solution :slight_smile:

Hey, any feedback since the Reaktor 5.6 release?

Sorry to say but the bug is still there…
Please see this thread: Cubase - Reaktor 5.6 CPU consumption bug | NI Community Forum

But the good news is we have a sticky thread and a lot of disappointed users :wink:

Keir from NI comfirmed that the Reaktor bug is fixed with the next update.

Finally … :smiley:

Saw that this morning myself. Made my day!

Rev.

When is the next update due?

Well - I thought that I had escaped it.
However, it seems that when I add the second instance of Reactor it strikes - the bug that is.
Of course resetting the latency resolves the spiking.
I think that NI should be working on this.

They are aware of it and it’s already been said a post or two back that they announced they are to fix it with the next update.

Rev.

Yes :frowning: …using Reaktor Player with Razor crashes project. Starting a new project works… for a while.
I didn’t try Reaktor Player with jBridge yet.

Same in Cubase 5 Essential, loading an ensemble can take ages and sometimes Cubase will stop responding altogether.
I use Prism in Reaktor player btw.

After installing the latest updates from Native Instruments for Reaktor Player and Razor it now works really good! :slight_smile: