Recording audio with the phone's mic

Hi there. It is possible to record audio with the built on microphone of my phone on Cubasis? How? Thanks

Hello, in phone I don’t know, but at least using an iPad without audio interface, if I press record on an audio track, it captures the sound from the iPad’s integrates mic. Don’t expect a great audio quality, though.

I have a Galaxy Note20 Ultra with Android and if i do the same as you i will get no signal on the recorded track.

You can verify in the audio track you created under “routing” if in the input you can see “mono input”. That should be linked to your integrated mic.

I have set it up that way and doesn’t work… any help?

I don’t know, unfortunately. Picture looks Ok. Last thing I would check is in setup/audio. Check if the input gain is set to 0, maybe.

Ah, another thing: in the configuration options of the iPad I can see too under Cubase that this app is allowed to reach the mic. Maybe you haven’t allowed yet. I don’t know how this is configured in Android.

Hi @Dr_Heavy_Poison,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

It is possible to use the iPhone mic for recordings (while there are better options).

Starting Cubasis the very first time, a popup asking your permission to use the microphone appears, which has to be accepted. If you tapped “no” by accident, please change the setting manually as follws:

• Please go to the iPad settings
  • There please go to Privacy / Microphone
  • Please make sure to enable Microphone use with Cubasis

To learn more about Cubasis, please check out our “Getting started with Cubasis” tutorial, where Dom Sigalas shows all the steps to create a full blown track with the app:

Hope that helps!

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars

Hello Lars, I have an iPad and it works this way, but he has a Galaxy Note20 Ultra with Android. I suggested him he check the permissions so that the app can reach the mic, but I don’t know how it is done in Android.

Yes Lars. In Android 12 is not working. I have checked the system permissions and the Cubasis settings and everything is in rule. Android shows a little green light to let you know that the application is using the mic but Cubasis does not record anything.

Hi @Dr_Heavy_Poison,

Thanks for your message.

Gave Cubasis for Android a short check, using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite where it works as expected to use the built-in mic for audio recordings.

Please make sure that the built-i mic is selected/visible under “Setup/Input Device”. In additon, “Rec Enable” has to be enabled in the audio track s well of course. Alongside, the “Routing” tab in the inspector might be a third option to check.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

To buy a diferente gadget is not a good answer because i have a to notch smartphone. Who else you wonder to come to play other than a Note20ultra 5g Octacore 12 GB of Ram? I bet the tablet you mention comes in to play on a lower level. This have the specs of the 5G Ipad. This issue have to be well known by Steinberg.

Check out that Android is letting me know that Cubasis is usin the Mic. So…

There you cans see that the system has registered all the Cubasis use of the mic history but have not recorded anything.

Permissions are ok.

Hi @Dr_Heavy_Poison,

Unfortunately I have no other idea, since using the mic works fine here.

Could you give it a try to
(a) fully shut down all running apps and the device
(b) if problem persists: reinstalling Cubasis
to find out if it helps to resolve the problem?

Important:
Before deleting Cubasis please make sure to manually backup all important data!

Thanks
Lars

I have done all the re installation and nothig have changed. I pay for the service and is not working. Pleas find the issue or make public that Cubasis is not doing the basic work… pleas

Since i re installed the app now i can play cubasis with the screen off! Nice! And also streams audio as a back ground app. This was not available untill the re installation

Now all those features are off again. No audio when screen off or when running as background app. Sorry.

As far as I can see there are steamers that introduce how to record microphones

It have to be as easy as we tried yesterday!