Remove Steinberg's default Track Presets?

Greetings!!

Searched for this but couldn’t find anything relevant . .

I’ve finally started using the ‘Track Presets’ feature in Cubase and am finding it very useful in a somewhat narrow range of situations. In the past I’ve used the ‘Load/Save Selected Channels’ command from the mixer and saved channel setting as VMX files but this is so slow and feels very old-fashioned . . .

My main problem so far is that I can’t quickly find my own presets among the thousands of presets that come with Cubase and the search functionality is not working well for me at all . . . at this point I just want to wipe the Steinberg presets so I can see my own stuff quickly and easily!

I can see that user presets are saved as TRACKPRESET files but am not sure where the default Steinberg presets are stored or whether there’s an easier way to hide them . . any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

RB

And once again some info on the used system and OS would have been useful…
But fortunately the info you´re looking for is in the manual and the knowledge base…

My apologies, for some reason I thought I had put it in my signature . .

Cubase 6.05 x86 build running on Windows 7 x64 . .

IF you could please direct me to the part in either the manual or knowledge base that would be much appreciated!

Cheers

RB

For the manual part:
“Customizing - where are the settings stored”
Knowledgebase article:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-and-nuendo-program-preferences-files-in-detail/kb_back/2025.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1

Thanks for that :]

Unfortunately I still can’t locate these default presets!? Steinberg specifies:

__

Track presets (included with the program) - Folder where program is installed into \Track Presets (with sub folders \Audio, \Instrument, \Midi, \Multi) as *.trackpreset

There is no “Track presets” folder in my Cubase 6 folder. The only “Track presets” folder on my entire systen is the one in \Documents and Settings<user name>\Application Data\Steinberg\Track Presets . . . nor is there any TRACKPRESET files on my system other than the 12 I’ve created myself . . .

Perhaps they’re stored in an XML file somewhere or something? Can you see Steinberg’s track preset files on your systems?

Yes (Cubase 5 x86 on Win 7 Pro x64)

:[

I can only imagine something has changed with Cubase 6 . . I’ve re-verified with multiple file-search programs and there simply isn’t any other TRACKPRESET files on my system, hidden or otherwise . .

Hopefully another Cubase 6 user can chime on?

To keep my own presets easily identifiable and searchable I prefix them all with [xxx], where xxx are my initials. The use of ensures they come out at the top of any list. Does that help?

It would help, if you checked if you´ve got the above mentioned folder, in case you´re on Win7 and Cubase 6.

Sorry, several posts appeared while I was writing mine. I’m C6.0.5 on W7-64 and can only find my own presets in the folder you mention. I’ve just had a look around and I can’t find the defaults either but do have them available. Could have sworn I knew where they were…

Heya Crotchety!

I started off prefixing everything with "Red - " as I usually do but when I search ‘red’ I get a whole bunch of Steinberg presets as well . . when I search ‘red -’ I get everything? A workaround was to set all my presets to 5 stars then filter presets based on stars but to be honest it’s still annoying and I just want the Steinberg presets gone :] I’d rather just see 30 hand-crafted presets lovingly made by me than thousands of Steinberg presets that are of no use to me . . the delay caused as Cubase searches the thousands presets annoys me as well :]

Thanks for checking for the preset files, hopefully I can suss out where they’re stored and can remove them :[

We´re talking about two different folders:
C:\Programs x86\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Track Presets — for Program Presets
and
C:\Documents and Settings<user name>\Application Data\Steinberg\Track Presets — for user presets

I don’t have this folder

you only have a C:\ Programs x86 if you’re running windows 7 x64 :slight_smile:

MC

Crotchety and I are are both running Cubase 6 on Windows 7 x64 . . not sure about Crotchety but I’m running the x86 build of Cubase 6 . . by default Cubase x86 is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase 6 on Windows 7 x64

Any Win 7 x86/Cubase 6 x86 or Win7 x64/Cubase x64 users could check their C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6 folders to see if the have the ‘Track Presets’ folder and/or the Steinberg *.trackpreset files . . . would be much appreciated :]

Use the rating system. Assign all of your presets the max stars and Steiny’s zero. Use that filter.

Cheers! I did mention that as a workaround above but to be honest it’s still annoying and I just want the Steinberg presets gone :] The delay caused as Cubase searches the thousands of presets that I will never, ever use annoys me as well :]

If you’re running Cubase 6 would you be please be able to check for the presets on your system?

Track presets (included with the program) - Folder where program is installed into \Track Presets (with sub folders \Audio, \Instrument, \Midi, \Multi) as *.trackpreset

The Steinberg Knowledge base also references the default VST3 presets folder and files, also apparently absent on my Cubase 6 system yet present within Cubase 6!?

VST3 presets (included with the program) - In the application folder under \VST3 Presets as *.vstpreset file

I’m running the 64-bit build, i.e. the one in “Program Files”. It shouldn’t matter as the builds are ‘identical’, are they not?

With the 64 bit version of Cubase, the folder should be in:
C:\Programs\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Track Presets