Removing rest in percussion kit

I suspect I’m running into the same issue as in this post: Remove rests in some instruments

wanting to remove the rests shown below

just wanting to make sure I’m not missing something

Since you refer to a topic where I posted the solution, I’m going to prove you it is the solution until Dorico 4 is here (and honestly not a complicated solution).
Use the context menu > Percussion > Change voice>extra voices. That’s that easy. Stop gap measure, but it does work without any other workaround.

1 Like

Salve, non conosco ancora bene Dorico ma ho trovato questa soluzione che mi sembra valida e veloce; cosa ne pensate? Vedi i 2 allegati.

È veloce, ma la soluzione che ho dato è più veloce e mi sembra che sia il vero modo di farlo (Dorico way). Extra voices sono là per fare questo: scrivere note senza i silenzi. Non hanno un’altra raggione di esistere.

Non riesco a trovare “Extra voices”, dov’è?
Grazie, gentile come sempre.

In the first measure, select only the lower notes and the rest.
Nella prima misura, seleziona solo le note più basse e il resto.

In the third measure, select only the higher notes and the rest.
Nella terza misura, seleziona solo le note più alte e il resto.

1 Like

…non capisco il consiglio di @ MarcLarcher
sarà di sicuro valido ma non riesco ad eseguirlo.

Stevenjones has explained it quite good with the pictures! Simply select the notes and change the voices to “Voce con gambi verso l’alto/il basso supplementare” when you don’t want to have rests!
Hope it helps!

PERFETTO! Finalmente ho capito.
Effettivamente è la strada più veloce. Grazie ancora per avermi insegnato una cosa nuova.
Buona Musica a tutti.

1 Like

@StevenJones01 fantastic!

…naturalmente ringrazio anche lui: @StevenJones01

@DoYouLikeHam and @Dorico54 - The thanks should really go to @MarcLarcher . My original post, which I have since deleted, had a “solution” which was more complicated ( = more places to make mistakes) and involved using an instrument other than drum kit. As soon as I saw Marc’s answer, I realised that his was by far the best way of doing what was needed. My pictures were based on his idea while we were both assisting @Dorico54. If I were to take any credit, it would only be for providing the pictures along with a bit more detail.

2 Likes