RESOLVED: USA - still NOTHING?

As for shipping out moday after NAMM I talked to steinberg at the NAMM show on thurs 1 13 11 and they told me it was already on the boat from germany to america. So I really have no idea what that means. Doesnt boat shipment take 2-3 months to arrive… auhhh, Musicians Friend already took my money at least a week ago.

PS did anyone check out the 3 jokers on ebay that say they have cubase 6 in stock right now ready to ship (from California). I sent them an email and guess what… no response.

That’s the point I’m making.

PT9 is native, so they can sell it online but it doesn’t make it good software to use in the real world, otherwise why would there be all this commotion if you could simply choose not to buy from Steinberg.

I’m sure if asked the userbase would prefer a quicker way of obtaining software and/or upgrades but there is a network of “legacy systems” that need to be factored into the equation, as well the obvious issue of the software being protected.

Basically, while you have new products being created, eg Cubase Artist, you won’t have special treatment for other products simply because a share of the userbase wants to upgrade, it has to be programmed into the system somehow what is being purchased, and that can only be done at the point of sale via the distribution network otherwise what is the point of their existence.

If you are arguing to dismantle the primary support channel, i.e Yamaha it will never happen as they have rights to bundle the software even if at the end of the day it is only OEM.

@ARS make sure to report fraudsters

@cramar

good call I did not even think about reporting them, and I just did.

although they have already sold 4 copys of it

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-STEINBERG-CUBASE-6-STOCK-READY-SHIP-/370478238756?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5642394c24

This is not correct - PT 9 HD and LE is the same software now - and require either an iLok key to run with any AISO device OR HD hardware. Redaction?

Also, AFAIK, Keyfax was providing distribution and end-user support in the USA - but Yamaha seems to have replaced it with almost nothing.

(foolish rude remark redacted from my post - sorry, sorry!)

Ok well it looks like I will have to read into Avid policy, but I guess the point for me is do I really care?

I’ve just upgraded my system to run 5.5 on Vista, now the “goalposts” have changed and I need Windows 7.

All the time I’ve spent testing in vista, literally 100’s of error reports sent to microsoft I’m sure has not gone to waste but the point for me is it is working now and well too might I add. Anyone on version 4 best be updating as it’s the last version to be supported on XP/Vista and amounts to IMV the end of an era of cubase.

Nuendo of course is a different story and will likely still be supported, so I guess if you really need XP and want support buy Nuendo.

Anyway, as for the ordering mechanisms and so on, personally my request would be to order upgrades directly from Yamaha, e.g. have a Yamaha account, otherwise leave it to mysteinberg.

That would enable phone support among other things, even if they are only point revisions and leave the new products to the shops.

As for upgrades proper, well that’s an issue for Steinberg I believe.

They did say “allow six weeks”.

that would be a bit heart breaking

having all the steiny euro customers waving their fresh boxes in our faces

Is everyone’s order still in “pending” or that just me?

Can anyone confirm this?

No its not just you… except for the residents of a few select western European countries, everyone’s orders are still “pending”…

Asknet not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country :wink:

For those of you wondering if your order is still pending, it doesn’t hurt to call this number (877) 873-1459 and give them your order number. The customer representative will let you know if Asknet/Steinberg has proceeded with payment. While mine has been paid for, I, like everybody else here in the US, am still waiting patiently.

hmmm does sound like big govt. doesn’t?
gladly take our money to put it towards “a better tomorrow”… and we are left pondering where exactly our money went

well at least that’s how it rolls in Chicago :stuck_out_tongue:

You just have to understand who’s better tomorrow they are talking about. Once you figure that out, there is no need to ponder anything;)

Well, For what it’s worth, I too have been waiting about 2 weeks so far and the NORMAL routine in internet sales would be to charge the buyer when the item is being shipped. Mine has been paid for since day 1 and MY ASSUMPTION was it would have arrived within a few days.

We have had so much snow that Fedex, UPS and mail does not even try to get down our dirt road so many packages have been tied to the main road mailbox since new years. You can see how it feeds the mind when your expected package fails to arrive and you have no communications from the seller.

While my emails to them have ultimately been slowly answered…I have received the MOST information from all of your comments… Not complaining but surely anxious… :astonished:

Jeez…This is not the 1800’s. Certainly a LOT of people know where the shipments of C6 to the USA is - it’s being tracked I’m sure. Can someone at Steinberg just pick up a frigin’ PHONE? It’s a 3 minute call. :unamused:

I just wanted to post here to say I’ve had my copy for three days now.

Oh wait I live in England.

This ones for dragging us to Iraq, suckers!!! :laughing:

I’ll be really pissed if Elbonia gets it before we do :smiling_imp:

Well I called Asknet this morning and they said that a shipment was stuck at customs. I ordered the HalionSonic upgrade on Monday after calling them to verify that it was in stock which they said it was. and they just shipped it out this morning UPS ground so I should recieve it on 2/2/11, I think Keyfax was better

that’s tech support for “I have no F’n clue where it’s at and I really couldn’t give a rats ass either”