RESOLVED: USA - still NOTHING?

I’m sure you’ll post more.

Just my 2 cents:

I realize this terrible delay(2 full weeks for me now since i purchased a product that made no claim of being out of stock or pre-order) is not exactly on steinberg’s hands. That said, it’s just absolutely terrible PR. They hype me a product, have me buy it, give ABSOLUTELY NO update as to why i haven’t even moved past the “pending” stage for 14 days, and now it’s just getting worse. They’re sending me facebook blasts saying things like: “While you guys enjoying the new Cubase 6 features we’ve been busy on this one!” !@!@!. Made me want to throw my keyboard through my screen. I also really wanted to do the webinar yesterday but figured it would be rather hard to walk through a product i don’t have. This is insulting, and i’ve always been a steinberg apologist for the bugs and other issues because i think overall their product has helped me make my career what it is.

I’M JUST ASKING FOR AN UPDATE ON THIS! A real one. This is a big deal to me. I’m starting another major record at the end of next week and would love to have the new features.

Does this make us even? :neutral_face:

Elbonia? Did you mean Albania? If so, I’m Albanian and I sure do hope I get it before you (in New York City, btw).

no, I meant Elbonia. It’s a mythical country from a comic strip.

elbonia1.gif

LOL!

I seriously cannot believe that there are people on eBay selling Cubase 6 and getting it to their customers before Steinberg. This is what I’ve heard (and seen a few Cubase 6 postings); if this is true I’m going to write Steinberg a letter, just for the record, to say that the least they could have done was told me that they’re experiencing delays and not have me inquire about a product I paid for. Sure, I can understanding shipping/customs/weather delays. I’m not so much upset about that as I am the fact that there is a lack of communication on their part. They’re the ones that should be contacting their customers. Plus, on their support page you apparently can’t call their support team – you have to write them an e-mail and they’ll contact you; that’s why I openly supplied the number a few postings back (taken from a post I found on these boards regarding this issue). Another problem is that their representatives seem to have conflicting/differing ideas of when this product will arrive. Doesn’t Steinberg issue its representatives some memorandum regarding its flagship product? I’m sure Cubase’s headquarters can easily tally up orders and tell if they’ll be back-orders; why couldn’t they relay this information to their representatives and/or customers? One of the mindless representatives here in North America told me there may be a back-order for me. I asked him how that was possible when I ordered Cubase 6 within the first hour upon its announcement at NAMM '11 and Steinberg immediately took the money (verified by checking bank statement) from my account?

Steinberg, can you please update us as to where our money is?

LOL. Thats pretty funny and I was only teasing, by the way. The comic strip was obviously referring to Albania. But hey, if you can’t laugh at yourself then…

:laughing:

I’m glad your taking it with humor. However, I would remind you that their are lot of “ania’s” and “onia’s” around the world full of the intellectually challenged. I mean right hear in the US we have Bost… :laughing:

now do we have to bring up the two wars we PWN’d you in back in your red coat days? :laughing:

well us 'mericans will keep waiting for the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria to bring cubase 6 to the “new world”

I think they already at South Beach and aren’t in a hurry to continue the voyage.

I did attend the the webinar. The presenter was asked about US delivery and he said it was shipping in the US now. Don’t know if that’s just a line, but if true we should expect (I don’t really) reports of US delivery in the next couple of days at the latest.

LOL. I know 7,999,999 other New Yorkers that will agree with your last line.

One of the DVDs is Cubase. The rest are time-limited versions of add-ons that Steinberg hope you will install, like, and then buy. You wouldn’t have downloaded THEM.

Steinberg may almost see the Cubase upgrade as a loss-leader to the main business of selling the add-ons :slight_smile:

Business Rules 101: Unless it’s a made to order item, you cannot take and keep money from a customer unless you ship or otherwise deliver the product.

I agree that this has turned into a problem. The lack of communication is the biggest problem… no one seems to really know anything. Hoping Steinberg and Asknet get together and figure this out ASAP… They have given us no information at all. Just give us some real, accurate information, please. It would take a phone call.

I’ve already paid going on two weeks ago, without a peep… at this point, I think early buyers should get a free expedited shipping upgrade.

Good News: I spoke to a Steinberg North America representative just now and as of late afternoon (today), Cubase 6 has arrived at the warehouse. The products “should be shipped out by tomorrow and/or you should receive tracking information by tomorrow.” If you do not receive any tracking information by midnight tonight (Eastern/Atlantic time) you need to call Steinberg to get your tracking number. If you do not get it by Steinberg tomorrow, you should “definitely receive it by this coming Monday, the 31st of January.”

Thanks FShkreli!

Yes, confirmed – Just talked with Asknet and they received the packages in their US warehouse about an hour ago. :slight_smile: