Restart VSTAudioEngine3.exe

I ran that file When I got error message and I am still getting the same error message while opening Dorico file

Can you please restart Dorico, do Help > Create Diagnostic Report, and attach the resulting zip file to a reply here, so we can take a look and see if we can figure out what might be causing the audio engine to crash on your computer?

Hi ,
I attached the file .
AudioEngine.zip (438.5 KB)

Hi ,
I am attaching the three folders created for space’s sake.
Dorico.zip (115.6 KB)

I attached only 1 dmp file for space sake.
Crashes.zip (2.4 MB)

Hi, thanks very much for the crash dump.
Looks really bad and I’m worried that it is an old known issue that we have no solution for. Could you please attach more crash files? I need them for confirmation.
I can also provide some upload space if it is too heavy for here to attach.
Thanks

I have 4MB limit ???
I need 12 MB ??
My email ehabaziz2001@gmail.com
send me email if you like ?

I’ve sent you a link. Please check. Thanks

If this was sent to my Gmail , I have not received any thing.
Thanks

I’ve tried again. Please check again

1 Like

Dear Sir ,
My question Have you sent this link to my gmail ? ehabaziz2001@gmail.com ?
I have not received any thing???
I have tried again in the forum with the same limitations 4MB??
Anyway, I am sending 4 zipped dump files in 4 separate replies to make end of this.
These 4 files are created by the last create Diagnostic Report.
Hope to hear from you.
VSTAudioEngine3.exe.12516.zip (2.4 MB)

Thanks

VSTAudioEngine3.exe.14980.zip (2.4 MB)

VSTAudioEngine3.exe.19408.zip (2.4 MB)

VSTAudioEngine3.exe.21456.zip (3.9 MB)

Yes, I did send to your gmail address, several times.
But anyway, many thanks for splitting things up and uploading here.
Greatly appreciated.
I’ll come back soon

Oh oh, it is exactly as I already feared. It appears that you ran into an eLicenser bug that very few people experienced. It happens only on very few machines, but that does not help you.
So far we could never reproduce the issue and thus not fix it. Additionally, since we soon get rid of the eLicenser technology anyways. There is no point in spending much further energy into fixing the issue.
Do you have your Dorico license on the Soft-eLicenser? Because transferring it to the latest USB-eLicenser type in most cases makes the issue go away. So this could be an alternative for you

Hi ,
can you please send me the link of buying the USB elicence hardware.
attached last image taken by elicence software.

(Image removed by moderator because it contained eLicenser serial number.)

Sure, here is a link to our webshop: USB-eLicenser | Steinberg

But they are quite expensive, around 20$.

And you should consider this: In early 2022 Dorico 4 will come out with a new licensing scheme where (in theory) you don’t need the eLicenser any more. Well, it is still around for legacy support, because it will take some time until all our products can use the new licensing scheme.
If I were you, I’d rather wait for the Dorico 4 release and try that out, rather than spending the 20$ on the USB-eLicenser, but it is your decision. But I hope you get my point.

Hi ,
Just to make sure: Confirm to me there is no software solution to such a problem?
There is no way to have such hardware in decent price?
Will the new license scheme will be the same for all Steinberg?
Thanks

Unfortunately for those users who experience this problem, we have been unable to find a satisfactory solution other than recommending the use of the USB-eLicenser.

The new Steinberg Licensing scheme will eventually be rolled out to all products, yes, but it will be starting with Dorico 4 and then Cubase 12. You can find out more about it here.