Since Cubase 7.5.30 (and continuing into Cubase 8.x.x) I have had numerous problems with Retrospective Record. Prior to Cubase 7.5.30, I never once had issues with Retrospective Record (back to Cubase 4). I can’t post a list on how to reproduce this as it happens randomly. I’m wondering if trying to reproduce this by simply loading a blank template and going at it may not be the correct way to test this as I have a big template with over 1000 tracks and am using VE Pro for all my software instruments.
70% of the time it works as should, but the other 30% of the time (when it doesn’t work) I am not doing anything different. I have tried using different MIDI interfaces and cables yet this still happens. However, I am not ruling out that it is a hardware problem on my end. In fact, that would make this easier on everybody if it was. That being said though, I haven’t changed my hardware for years, and like I mentioned above, I never had this issue until Cubase 7.5.30.
I am attaching some screenshots of the key editor and what happens when I hit Retrospective Record. You can see how my performance is captured fully, but the regions cut short to only the end of the MIDI. So I’m forced to drag-left that MIDI region to display my performance. Also, when this issue happens you can see how Cubase is inserting at the end of the performance single MIDI controller values in the controller lanes of what I am assuming is the MIDI controller value I started with prior to the Retrospective Recording.
Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks!