Honest question: do most people not even use retrospective record?

Thank you for all the replies.

The TLDR version:
There seems to be an issue with the buffering and the recorded position of MIDI data when using retrospective record. See my old topics below for visual examples.

The more detailed version:
Looking at my past threads, I see the issue with retrospective record started even earlier in 2011 with Cubase 6, although I remember 7.5.30 was exactly when the consistent unreliability began. Let me explain in more detail below:

The problem I continue to have is half the time I use retrospective record it will either have created a 1-bar region with the MIDI information in it, but the data will be anywhere from a few to dozens of measures earlier or later from where I started playback and outside of the region borders; OR, if I’m already in the key editor trying to re-record CC data, after hitting retrospective record, the CC data will be way off and not even close to where I started playback and outside the region borders again.

In Cubase 13, the above descriptions still occur, except now there’s a third issue I’ve been experiencing: when I hit retrospective record, the MIDI data will be at somewhere like negative 29. But, unlike the previous two issues, I cannot select any of the MIDI data to copy back to the location it was meant to be recorded at.

Between this problem, the Record-in-Editor button blunder, and the “new audio drivers found” dialog box, I’ve come to a point of bitterness.