Right-Click menu options missing

Full time Professional user since Nuendo 1.0 all the way thru to now and have no plans of ever leaving.
The right click menu (specifically the advanced section for tempo and the audio section for generate harmonies) are my most used features and they are gone. I know they are available in the standard audio menu or by assigning these to a key command or macro. However i think the best option would be to bring it back in an update that allows you to have the “simpler functions” option and an “advanced functions” option to clean up that space and give users a choice in the preferences.
***ALSO during touch screen use on large mixing console touch screen, the eq no longer functional with touch. You have to use the mouse.
Would love to have this addressed. This hasnt been an issue since cubase 7, now it is.

The most used 6 functions I used were removed accept one

Yeah not super happy about missing the MIDI stuff particularly from that right click menu … but heaps more functions too.

That is a pretty decent change to workflow just so that something looks neater momentarily. It’s not like it’s always displayed.

New rightclick menu is a disaster now

1 Like

I’m in the ‘Bring it back’ camp. +1 :confused:
or better still make it an option.
If SB really want to implement a minimalistic context menu then why not add a ‘Most frequently used’ option to the existing context menu that keeps track of the users selection count!
Similar to the File-Recent projects menu item.

1 Like

Totaly agree

1 Like

I can’t understand why steinberg came out with so many new changes that slow down production process, aren’t any of them music producers / recording engineers / mixers ?? Or they don’t use cubase as their daw ?

Needs fixing, yes. There are some significant workflow slowdown issues with C10 – let’s hope they correct them in the upcoming maintenance release.

I have the same complaint and do not care at all that I do not work for a top 40s studio and do not know hotkeys, etc.
I am sure Steinberg makes all their money selling to top 40 studios. What a bunch of intolerance.
Some of us have grown accustomed to a way of working and to pay for an update yet be blindsided with unannounced changes to work flow is a total drag. (notice the period at the end?)

Why not leave it alone? If some do not use it fine. But for those that use Alt-right click, it is a total drag to be forced to learn new ways of doing the same when you could be practicing, making and recording music. And to say that the less used option where removed is also aggravating as nobody seems to remember being ask about use and work flow. Yet in Cubase 10 it is still not possible to organize things like quantize presents and make them available on an updated version of Cubase, what gives? But changing the Alt-right menu, now that is really important to people. Ayyayyay!

Plus Steinberg seems to never update its manuals or references. Do a search for an issue and you are presented with names of things and graphics form previous versions with menu names that do not even match. Aaaaah that is now called this…aaaaah…thanks Steinberg for a bunch of useless changes.

Cubase is a great and deep program, too bad the user interface is a pain, which is only aggravated by workflow changes not properly documented.
Just when you thought you figured out a way of working, a new updates throws a curve ball, aggravates and makes life difficult again.
It was pretty easy to edit all kinds of stuff right clicking on a midi track which now requires going back to MIDI on the to menu bar.

And do not get me started again commenting about those who diminish and belittle others just because they think they know and there is only one right way. F… if only Steve Ray Vaughns were allowed to play guitar and George Martins to record music you all be out of work.

So I vote to at least make the old Alt-right click menu depth optional.

Unfortunately it is also becoming my experience. Yeah, I like the way some things are done now, like effect side-chaining, converting audio from stereo to mono, and others. But sometimes it would seem that the folks at Steinberg just like playing with the program instead of using it and seem to have large amounts of time to learning to do thing differently. But for folks out here this can be a huge pain in the ass, as you find yourself forced to go looking for info because something has been changed with no previous notice and who knows where the info is hiding now. To call the manuals cryptic would be too much of a complement.

I preferred the crisper look of 9.5 than the new look and more clicking to boot, Export Mix Down now has a pitiful small window and it is necessary to click on more buttons to deeper windows just to change the ID tags and Advance Code options. Why???

Oh well, learn to drive through the new pot holes I guess.

1. How about asking the actual USERS of the program which functions they use the most. Really weird.

Guys can we compile a list of the features that your missing most. I’m not sure what information was used to clean up the menu but I think we’re all missing stuff.

For me its the stuff that was there when right clicking on empty space on the arrange window:
The Range Menu
The Select Menu
Convert to real part
Snap point to Cursor

Hi,

I find this as a great idea.

There was stuff I used all the time (the selection options, including invert selection) and some I used only occasionally (move to back/front, origin), but at least I knew it was there - PLEASE Steinberg, just put it ALL back as it was and leave it alone!

Is there any way to conduct a survey / poll for Cubase users with right click menu items that are most missed with the update so that Steinberg can be better advised than a trail on the forum?

+1000 Bring the old right click menu back with the possibility that the user can customize it himself.

+10000.

Without adding options in the preferences to unblock those who do not wish such “improvements”, this kind of basic stuff shouldn’t be removed / changed, which would affect the fundamental workflow.

Cubase stopped following the standard Windows keyboard acceleration UI (from C8) and I cannot reach the menu bar by the keyboard alone any more. This is still affecting my workflow so badly (bring back this very basic functionality!).

Combining this new right-click menu “improvement” and the short of the menu keyboard acceleration, I have to move the mouse cursor to the top portion of the screen, every time. This is so painful, and literally gives me bad shoulder / arm pain. I don’t think I can stand this…

I for one miss the Move to option. So easy to put back a piece of audio if it accidentally gets moved. Very frustration to have to go find it in the drop down menu. Also moving the process audio away in the audio editor to the left tiny button at the bottom. These both drive me crazy. I will say there are enough good things with 10 that I’m willing to put up with it for awhile until they get brought back.

+1 !!!

This one I don’t get at all. The right click menus were in no need of such drastic pruning. I find the new work flow much less comfortable without those functions under the right click. Particularly missing the chord track functions being right there. I’d like them all restored.