RX 10-Problems in Nuendo 12 DOP

I brought the problem to attention two weeks ago, but have not yet received any feedback from iZotope regarding this.
But good to know that they are working on it.

That’s what they said 3 years ago.

Fredo

5 Likes

agreed :slight_smile:

they are getting as bad as Steinberg

This is not meant to sound stroppy, but as a customer I just want it to work. I don’t care why it doesn’t work. Especially since I can’t tell what the real reason is that RX10 doesn’t work properly with Nuendo.
What I can judge, however, is that these recurring malfunctions are very annoying. Especially when RX are part of the daily workflow, it all costs a lot of time.

So it would be great if Nuendo and iZotope had a common interest in making both products work together.

1 Like

If you want Steinberg to look at the problem, give the thread a vote. It’s the most effective way to make sure they take it seriously.

Ideally Izotope should develop RX as an ARA2 plugin for Cubase - as they have for Logic

They have lots of requests for this in the last few years.

I feel you may have more confidence in the forum voting system than is warranted :slight_smile:

Not much Steinberg can do. The “Connect” implementation of Izotope is a wrong implementation of the VST3 protocol, so the fix needs to come from their side. Steinberg already did offer a workaround to make it (kinda) work, but the fundamental problem is on their side.

Fredo

1 Like

I have done that. Even though it is probably pointless. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thank you

Pointless or not, it does not hurt to vote.

Since I have a total of only 5 votes, each one of them already hurts. :wink:
But I use RX10 every day. So if it were possible, this request would get all of my votes. :grinning:

I’m currently doing quite well with making all effects permanent immediately. It’s not ideal, but since I can’t find the many effects in the DOP window anyway because of the missing timecode, it doesn’t matter now.

Here is a quick update from my side:

For now, I recommend working on RX 9 until Izotope finds a solution.
If you don’t have RX 9 (Advanced) but RX 10 (Advanced), you can ask support for a license.
Here is the current statement of Izotope support to my request:

“Also note that we hope to be able to issue an update for RX 10 that fixes the bug with RX Connect and Nuendo in the near future. Please be sure to keep a look out for new updates!”

2 Likes

I’ll probably do that now, too. If only because I’m running out of hard drive space.

Speaking of which, is there any way to prevent Nuendo from copying the entire file every time you make DOP effects permanent?
In our current project, a long recording (>2 hours) was split into many events. And every time I select a few seconds on an event to apply a DOP effect to it, Nuendo creates a full copy of the entire 2 hours when the effect is made permanent. This is quite uneconomical. :angry:

Too bad! It doesn’t work for me with RX9 either. As soon as I want to apply a second(*) DOP effect, the DOP window shows me the last effect. As if this one had never been edited:

When I click on “Discard”, nothing happens.
If I click on “Apply”, RX does not open the selected area, but the area of the last applied effect. I am then stuck in an infinite loop where I can apply the last effect over and over and over again if I want to. (For example, when I’m bored and don’t know what to do with my time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

(*) Sometimes two or three effects work before disaster strikes.)

1 Like

Have you checked your preferences: “Editing > Audio > On Processing Shared Clips”?
The third option prevents Nuendo from copying the file.

1 Like

Have I usually set to ask me how I want to proceed. Then I can make my decision from clip to clip.

Thank you so much for that hint!!! You made my life a lot easier. I could have read the manual of course. But it’s a bit cryptic. It’s likely that I simply overlooked it.

But back to topic: a new update for RX 10 was released yesterday. But again no news for us. A lot of fixing for the transcription thing. I guess that’s their priority since there are not so many new features that would justify the upgrade money. So they probably need to make this work first. But to be optimistic: the team seems to be working and they release updates within pretty short timespans. Fingers crossed that we’re next!!

I’m also having issues with RX10 Connect. I’ve spent the last hour trying to figure out a way to get it to work consistently trying different procedures to no avail. Just when I think i’ve cracked it and it finally works, twice in a row following the same steps. Third time just goes splat and doesn’t do it. For me it just seems random when it wants to work or not.

Very frustrating. For now i’m bouncing events into a folder and just opening them in RX Standalone to edit and then exporting them one by one for import back to Nuendo. Grrrrr

It’d be great if Steinberg could investigate what’s happening and relay the info to iZotope. One can only dream!

1 Like

All this has happened before with RX 8. Exactly the same issue. The problem is on iZotope’s side. They even admitted it on their site and in the support answers. Last time they finally got it fixed shortly before they released RX 9. Let’s hope it doesn’t take that long this time. You can ask iZotope to give you a time limited license of RX 9 while they work it out. So you don’t have to do those work-arounds.

I still find it fascinating that RX9 is the solution for you. We still have the same problems with version 9. (If it worked once with RX9, why did iZotope screw it up again with version 10? Strange.)

Anyway, glad at least one of us isn’t having problems. :grinning:

Thankfully I’ve still got RX9 installed and it’s licensed, so I’ve been using it at the moment for this project.

I contacted support and actually got a NFR license of 9 so i can at least use that to (hopefully) circumvent the DOP issue. Fingers crossed!