SAMPLER TRACK NOT WORKING & CRASHES CUBASE 9

Hi all,

Desperate for some help and i am hoping there is a simple fix for this.

So, i have a few problems which i am guessing are linked,

1.) When i open a previous project with a sampler track(s) in it, cubase will either hang when loading that track and become unresponsive, or, the project will load but the sampler track will simply not be working, it will have any effect plug-ins etc on the actual track, but the sampler and sample itself will not be there.

2.) When i open a blank project i can use the lower zone to go to the sampler track tab and it will show the ‘drag audio sample here!’ option, but when you do this, cubase will crash and close.

3.) when i open a blank project if i right-click on the left side tab to either add audio track,instrument track etc… if i select ‘a sampler track’ it will come up with a preset bank of various styles etc for a track which when loaded will add various plug-in effects to the track such as reverb or compressor etc… i have no clue why that even pops up when trying to add a sampler track? It’s as if instead of creating a sampler track, it is just pointing me to a ‘track preset’ similar to what you would get if you were to hit the top left box in any other instrument or audio track…

I have already tried booting as admin, trashing prefs, disabling all plugins, and will soon be doing a fresh install of cubase.

I do have Cubase 8, 8.5 and 9 on the same system and i found another thread stating that they had solved this issue by renaming the program files in windows, i have tried this but i may not have done so correctly, if you know how this is done please explain it to me in dumb English, i’m computer savvy but i fear i may be missing something simple with this one.

the reason for keeping the old versions are so i can still use the odd 32bit plugin which cubase 9 does not support any more :frowning:

Here is the link to that thread where the person asking the question has exactly the same problem as i do!

Hopefully this is enough information for you and if anyone can help i will be most grateful!

If relevant…
Specs.
Cubase 9.0.40 pro
WINDOWS 10 64bit OS
AMD A8-5600K
16gb RAM
GEFORCE GTX-750 Ti
240gb ssd
2tb hard drive
Tascam audio interface
M-aduio midi keyboard

1 Like

Further images to show the problem…

More images of problem

Hi, I have same problem on cubase Pro 10. !

1 Like

i got the same issue as well and i format my pc to fix it, there is no other way :frowning:

hello! I have same problem on cubase pro 11, but not on cubase pro 10…
I dont know what to do…
I have 2 PC and it doesnt work on one of them.

I am 11.0.10 and Sampler track is not working either - just straight up crashes whenever i try to load a sample - its actually a joke to be honest because information is few and far between so i cannot even think of any other possible solutions

Hi 911mike911 - did you resolve this issue? because mine behaves exactly the same but on 11 Pro and i am out of ideas for possible solutions

Hallo

Auch ich habe das Problem: Sobald ich ein Sample aus “Loops und Samples” zB, aus Noir mit rechts klick in die sampler spur öffnen möchte, fährt cubase 11 komplett runter. (Totalausfall)
Dasselbe geschieht auch, wenn ich sample aus der Audio Spur in die Samplerspur laden möchte.
Auch aus der Media Bay usw.
Weis jemand wie man das beheben kann?
Viele Grüße
albertvinzenz

Hi all,

Sorry I haven’t replied to this thread in a while, all the emails ended up in my junk and I had no idea people were having the same issues. And it’s not good news, while I have since resolved the issue I cant remember how! I will have a look and try and jog my memory and get back if I can figure it out… something is telling me it was either trashing the preferences and resetting to default, re installing cubase, or removing all plugins from your plugin folder and see if the sample track works then. If this is the case you can add your plugins back in a few at a time and if anything changes then the last plug in you dragged back over is the problem. (Freh start of cubase between each plug in add) beyond these I dont know how to help for now, however I will try and look into it and try and remember what I did and get back to you all. Good luck, sorry I cant be of more help!