Save 40% on Nuendo 11 Retail, Crossgrades and Immerse with VST AmbiDecoder

I’m doing this! After 6 good years on Cubase Pro, I’m moving on to Nuendo. I am mainly a composer for theatre, film and TV, but I really want these lovely extra features. I mean video cut detection, reconforming, cue sheet export, loudness track, loudness normalizing during export, countdown and swipes on video… Incredible. And as I also do a bit of sound design for theatre, the better Soundly integration, Voice Designer, Sound Randomizer and the included sound effect libraries makes the choice even easier.

I will have to think about if I want to crossgrade (and surrender) my Cubase license, or if I go the more expensive crossgrade route from my old Pro Tools HD license instead, if I want to keep Cubase as well… Either way, this is a no-brainer for me now. I’m totally doing this. :tada::notes:

1 Like

Well, I find it a bit strange how the $200 translates to 200€ for the buyers in Europe, while $1=0.82€.
For the exact same thing, here in EU we have to pay $44 more.
That confirms that Steinberg’s prices aren’t fair.

Don’t know what you’re smoking (might be interested though :wink: ), but it’s 240USD

1 Like

so, maybe he was the one smoking…

I was answering to that post, praising the $200 upgrade from Nuendo10.
The screenshot you provided refers to crossgrade from Cubase…
So, i’m still finding unfair paying so much money just to upgrade Nuendo10 to Nuendo11

1 Like

It simply due to VAT being in the the EU price. US buyers get their state sales tax added in checkout.

This is a recurring error that keeps getting posted here, usually with a complaint along the lines of ‘the evil corp is out to get us’. It’s pretty easy to find evil corps out to get you, but Steinberg is not one of them. (at least as far as the price goes. Addictive nature of the programs? That’s a different story and I am having my lawyer look into a class action. )

edit - I found out lawyers charge money, so scratch that.

Yeah, but in a lot of European countries you also get free health care and education and have higher minimum wages… and so on.

Seriously, we’re complaining about $44?

Heck, take the entire price of the upgrade and imagine that you pay that every 18 months, which is a reasonable time frame: $244/18=13.55… Less than $3.50 per week.

Here’s how many good beers I get for that amount at my local grocery store: 0
Here’s how many good beers I get for that amount at my local pub: 0
Here’s how many good fast foods I get for that amount locally: 1 taco at the taco truck
Movie tickets per week: 0.4
And so on.

If you’re a hobbyist then this amount you’re spending is still tiny. For me here in NYC it’s like not having half of a beer per week or skipping a taco at the taco truck. If I care about this hobby that’s probably worth it.

If you make a living off of using Nuendo then a) it’s usually tax deductible which lowers the cost, and b) those $13.50 per month can’t really break your business, because if it’s that close your business has other bigger problems.

I swear I think some people aren’t happy with the price until it’s at zero.

PS: I admit to being a grumpy old man. In my head the amount of things we can do for the tiny, tiny amount of money we spend on this is insane compared to when I started in this business decades ago. It used to be that you needed to spend a really large amount of money to do a fraction of what we can do today. #1st world problems.

4 Likes

That makes two of us.

Fredo

1 Like

Are Nuendo updates generally priced higher than Cubase Pro?

i never seen any discount code for Steinberg, i lived in Asia, but the currency is in Euro (which is more expensive compare to Dollar), … it might help if someone got the code for more discount, i am bored with Cubase and want to try Nuendo. Thanks in advance

Is it possible to crossgrade nuendo 11 from cubase 11 pro education?

Thanks.

Dear aditwayer,

yes it is. Education versions of Cubase Pro are also eligible to crossgrade.

All the best,

I bought the upgrade from N10 to N11 thought the web site. Asknet sent me an authorization code. But it is not recognized by the Elicenser. No help from asknet. Can you help me get this upgrade working?

1 Like

Hi,

Trying to buy the Ambisonics Immerse plug in, and cannot login at checkout time. No matter how many times, manually, to enter my login information, it refuses to accept them, across 3 browsers now. LOL.

I reset my password as well, just in case. To no avail. I will just have to buy it as a “new customer” I guess. And cross my fingers that I can add it to my account later.

Ah, I just noticed this small blurb under the login area:

" Please note that your MySteinberg log-in details do not apply here. The Steinberg Online Shop and MySteinberg are managed separately and therefore require different log-in accounts."

So, no being able to use my credentials for your store? Really. Oh well.

Well this sucks.

Bought the Immerse plug in.

Went to try to activate it. NO DICE. Says the activation code is not recognized.

1. I tried registering the plug in in the MySteinberg account. - I get this message:

“Activation Code not found. Make sure that the code has been entered in the eLicenser Control Center.”

1. I opened the eLicenser control center, and entered the activation code. I get this message:

“The activation code could not be identified. Please make sure it is typed correctly”

1. I opened the Steinberg Downoad Assistant. I get this message:

“The download access code does not belong to any known product. Please check and try again”.

Fix this please. I literally PASTED THE CODE FROM MY EMAIL RECEIPT INTO THE STEINBERG DOWNLOAD ASSISTANT SO WTF DID I GET A BAD CODE???

Thanks.

Hello noeqplease,

Immerse is not licensed by the eLicenser but it uses Embody’s servers instead. Please take a look at this video, that will explain you exactly how to activate your license, create your profile and use it in Nuendo.

All the best,

1 Like

Thanks Luis. After about an hour, I finally figured this out. I sure wish this info was more “up front” as when I first purchased this, It stated to just register as if it were a Steinberg product. The activation code even looks very similar to the ones you use!

Cheers.

One question still lingers, before I choose between the Cubase “surrender” crossgrade, or the competitive crossgrade:

Can I be 99-100% certain that ALL the upcoming music features in future Cubase versions will also be implemented in the following versions of Nuendo, from now on? :slight_smile:

Me Too.

As far as I recall that’s been the case for at least a decade. Cubase might get some features first, and then sooner or later they end up in Nuendo.

1 Like