Search engine for Marker window

My list of Markers gets quite large sometimes, it would be great to have a search engine within the Marker window

3 Likes

+1

Chewy

1 Like

I don’t understand why this is still missing… I have several projects with over 1000 markers. A search function would be very helpfull

this would be very usefull in ADR cyclemarker search too.

Carsten

1 Like

This is a must have

1 Like
    1. Essential.

P.S. It’s been there since version 12, reminds me @audiomonkeys.

1 Like

Hi cmbouret,

This is possible now since N12 and I use it all the time

Oops! You’re right.

That was already a suggestion for improvement from 2016. We will NEVER see that.

Your psychic reading sucks big time.
Don’t quit your dayjob.

Fredo

1 Like

Thanks for the tip.
But I have been self-employed in my own recording studio for over 30 years. And I’ve never had to search for anything in the marker list.

Then why are you commenting?

On the one hand, because we would like to search for the description of audio clips instead of markers. Secondly, because we would like to see 2 marker lists at the same time. We work with a lot of descriptions when digitizing tapes and vinyl.
If I can search for markers, then maybe I can also search for descriptions of audioclips.

Ok great, the functionality is there, use it :slight_smile:
My point why i asked why you were commenting: If you’ve never looked for it, hoe would you know it did not exist? And given that knowledge, why would you comment about it not being there when others have said it is there?
I just don’t understand the logic… but maybe thats just me…

I see that @Fredo is using a filter dialog. But I can’t find any instructions on how to open this filter dialog. And apparently many people don’t know that either.
How and where do you open this filter dialog?

@THambrecht here you go

Marker search

I think you really need to take the time to read the manual …

Pool => search.

Fredo

Wow thank you. I never had the idea to click here.
What I would like to search through would be the ** event descriptions **. This is not in the pool.
I have thousands of them. I mean this:

Scan your files/folder in Mediabay. (And make it a favorite, so you can search only this folder/disc/whatever)
That way you can search for any attribute/metadata you want.

Fredo

1 Like