Ship date - general availability - for Cubase 6?

Came to read about the C6 buzz, well that definitely makes me quite happy not to jump on any first release. I think the grace period ends at the end of February so hopefully this is sorted by then. I still don’t understand how things work perfectly and then somehow they manage to get broken.

**27682 [ASIO Devices] Application may crash when trying to access the Control Panel of RME audio devices.

Please check the RME website of driver/software component updates.

In Europe?

any changes any where ???
It’s still not in stock here (NL)

Hello guys,

We are shipping already! Be prepared to receive the package in the next days! Also, be prepared to have more free time because of the timesaving workflow improvements! :mrgreen:

Search for channel types?

Good news. But shipment to??

i just received this email, asking day 14 when C6 will be shipment in Europe:

Dear Customer,
Thanks for contacting our customer service.
We have just received your e-mail, but we need more time to reply. Please have some patience, when we have the information you need we will contact you.

Regards.

I believe that that is a default Response … there might be an over flow of questions at the moment

Actually… thinking about it… since moving up to win7 both my delta1010 AND my RME card… whenever i tried to access the sound card’s control panel from the devices manager in cubase would cause cubase to hang or crash… i wonder if it’s referring to the same thing or whether just calling up totalmix or digicheck or the latency/control options would cause the problem.

I put my order within hours after announcement , still no invoice, no shipment info and no money transferred. Invoice is in “waiting”.

Used to be the case that Control Panels had to be accessed from outside the DAW then it has been allowed for a few years and now it seems to be a dodgy thing to do again. I can only think it’s either just the drivers or some conflict of W7, Cubase and the card driver together.

???

Wait a minute …
“be prepared to have more free time” and “timesaving workflow improvements” ???
So you guys actually did Time saving Improvements … But I would Expect those to save time
So why prepare to have some more free time ??? is it something like to learn how these work ???

It’s no biggie. There are other ways of getting at the RME panel than directly from within Cubase. And there aren’t many reasons you’d need to while working in a Cubase project anyway. Note that it’s the Control Panel, not Totalmix.

Buy now if you get the best deal. This issue isn’t a showstopper, and when it’s fixed the patch will be a free download.

Good news. Thanks for the info

As usual, Europe gets first dibs. Here in the U.S., we’ll probably see stuff shipping mid February, if past (C4, C5) shipping schedules are any indicator. There’s always been a 2-3 week (or so) lag while the stuff makes its way through Customs and into a shipping distribution center somewhere.

Thats what I was afraid of… I was hoping Steinberg had already shipped the product to its distributors first :frowning:

So for us in the U.S., when Steinberg says they are shipping C6 today that actually means they are sending the pallets to the dock in Germany where they will be shipped (literally) across the ocean then trucked cross country to Yamaha headquarters in Orange County California? Yeah, mid February sounds about right… I really hope I’m wrong though.

I’m guessing the countries to receive C6 first will be the ones where Steinberg directly distributes to :arrow_right:

• Austria
  • Belgium
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Luxemburg
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom

Say it isn’t so! We really have to wait here in the US? Can someone in Steinberg verify US availability?

You don’t need them to verify this – it’s precisely how the process worked for C5 two years ago. I doubt very much it’ll be any different this time around. But hell man, it was just announced – learn to enjoy the anticipation.

-M

I’m not a patient person. :wink:

Plus they said “shipping Monday” – I just assumed that meant they’d have their international distribution story worked out and clearly said “shipping Monday in these countries and X date on these others.”

well if it would have been “shipping Monday” My order should drop in today …
However there is still no UPS Trace code added to my order