Simplify automation

Hi,

I have 2 use cases that are too complicated with the current implementation of automation.

1. Imagine you created a nice effect on an instrument for the verse. For the chrous, different settings are necessary so I want to be able to save the verse settings with a single click, create the chorus settings and have them switch at the transition from verse to chorus.
  2. For an EDM track, I created a nice synth setup for a quiet part. For a lively part, I want to change a lot of paramters and then sweep to them slowly.

With some animation software, this workflow is possible and it would be great to have it in Cubase, too:

1. Create setup A
  2. Click a hotkey to store all the parameters on the current position of the song
  3. Move to a different postition of the song and create setup B
  4. Click a hotkey to store all the parameters on the current position of the song
  5. From the 2 setups an automation is created

What do you think?

Regards
Hannes

1 Like

As recommended by @Friede I used AB preset settings in the plugin (Retrologue) and wrote automation while changing A to B.
What happens is that Cubase writes all parameters (good) at the position where the change is done (bad). Please see the picture.
The problem for this workflow is that you have to zoom in very closely and then change the timing. So it would be much aprreciated if there was a solution to first set the timing, then set the keyframes.

1 Like