SNAP function

Every time I open one of my saved workspaces, the snap function turns on. I have tried turning the SNAP function off and saving my workspace but it always turns back on when I open the workspace.
Do you have any solutions?

Indeed so, it seems to be a little bug?
But it’s ‘J’ on the keyboard btw and you have to train your muscle to remember the KC to be able to fly around the daw anyways. The KC is very important.

It’s possible to bypass this by using macros, like:
Workspace X
Snap Off (or On)

So one macro / workspace. Then replace the regular keyboard shortcut for workspace change with the macro.

1 Like

It’s a bug. Snap switches to “on” when switching workspaces. This was definitely not happening in 8.5 and earlier versions. And it’s highly undesirable. I noticed the snap button switching on all the time. But never noticed it had to do with workspaces. Hope they fix this soon.

When removing the annoying saved zoom settings in workspaces using the following guide:

Global Workspaces forget Zoom & Position setting (How to)

…it will also stop reverting to saved Snap settings.

WOW! totaly missed out on this one. Thanks A LOT! Finally global workspaces work like they should for me. No more scrolling back to the track I was working on, no more resetting snap every time I change workspaces.
Works on 12.0.6