So Cubase 10.5 is out, when do we get Nuendo 10.5?

I feel like that quote was invented by the worst kind of customers :wink:

Perhaps one’s dignity can occasionally take precedence over the whims of overentitled customers? A discussion for another thread perhaps…

If that is what you think in that modern and so competitive time, I don’t need to be a fortune teller to know that everything is going very badly for you, economically and professionally in your work and in your relationship with your bosses and clients.
Because what would we be without our clients’ well-earned money?
Nothing and nobody.
I will continue to insist that all of us, Nuendo users, we need more updates, as often as for Cubase users or at least, be our Nuendo license be also Cubase Pro compatible as a fairer deal for all of us, being users of Nuendo. Yes my friend.

Agree with your latter statement wholeheartedly. The preceding comments I take issue with (although I should point out I don’t believe any of us complaining about this issue are over-entitled, I was speaking more philosophically), but I fear we’re drifting off-topic so let’s leave that alone for now :slight_smile:

Very curious, because it was you who tried to divert attention to the subject discussed here and also the first to suggest not to deviate from the subject.
Sorry if you disagree with me on something I have previously written but it is better to refute it with argument rather than just write for writing.
I will continue to insist that all of us, Nuendo users, need more updates, as often as for Cubase user or at least, that our Nuendo license be also Cubase compatible. Yes my friend.

Making our licenses compatible with Cubase would be a kind gesture, I agree, but I don’t see how they’d do it without it being an inadvertent and unofficial endorsement of the idea some of us already have that “Nuendo = Cubase Ultimate Edition.”

Also, I prefer Nuendo for the features only it has. If I could “settle” for using Cubase Pro instead - even if just to tide me over for a few months - I already would. It’s not really a solution to anything.

Cubase looks sexy right now with the bells and whistles it got, so it’s normal that those of us in the Nuendo camp would get a bit envious :smiley:

I know they don’t. They don’t care. They want me to do the best job I can for the money they are willing to spend. They want me to be a nice guy when interacting with them, and they want me to provide a mix that sounds great to their ears, and they want that mix and all other deliverables to pass QC at the network. That’s what they care about.

I’m mixing a show for CNN right now and last year I did that on Pro Tools. Now I’m doing it on Nuendo. They didn’t ask about it last year, didn’t ask about it now. They simply don’t care.

Whatever the next version of Nuendo provides it’s not going to be significant relative to what I’m providing to these clients right now. It just isn’t.

Like I said earlier at some point: Earlier this year I mixed a couple of shows in Nuendo 8, and now I’m doing more in 10. I doubt anyone will sit down and listen to them and hear a difference due to the version of Nuendo I used. Not going to happen.

Seems to me you’ve both called me selfish and an opportunist amateur, “my friend”.

Being “the professional” means doing a good job for a paying client, and making a living off of it. It doesn’t mean using the latest version of a software. If that’s what you think is necessary to be a “pro” then, well, I simply disagree.

People agree with that, but the thing we were discussing was parity of version as far as included features go. That’s a different and specific matter.

I think it would depend on whether post c19 Steinberg will try and keep to their stated objective of more closely aligning releases. If they do - then all great - but if the huge gaps persist then I feel it’s fair for us to ask for this. For example I’m working on a project now for which I require no Nuendo features but I would greatly benefit from some of the new Cubase features. If Steiny could give us an official response about why what we’re suggesting isn’t feasible, then fair enough. Alas, we’re left to shout into the void.

.For me, the important thing is that the software advances against the others (PT first). Today I feel blocked against Protools because Autoalign post is only available in ARA2 which is unusable in nuendo (why lose the handles, crossfades / huge demand of resources …). I feel blocked by the fact that when I import an aaf from an avid, I lose the metadata while protools does not. it is very difficult to make a conformation with nuendo. I don’t understand why I can’t have my automation on my track without opening the automation layer which makes me lose a lot of visual space in mixing … I also work on pyramix and protools, and where I had ahead thanks to nuendo a few years ago, today this is no longer the case …
and with each update I hope these things will get better

Calm down my friend and don’t be mad. It’s just my way of thinking and I don’t have to think same like you to make you happy.
And how strange you sound because like you, I have also worked for clients of those companies and the first thing they ask me in my first contact with them is about what type and brand of hardware and software I’ll use in their projects for maximum compatibility with their house publisher’s (most prefer to work with Avid hardware and Pro Tools and I am one of the few strongs Steinberg advocates in that highly professional area.).
He is telling you, someone who has earned hundreds of thousands of dollars in that business.
Do you really know what you’re talking about, my friend?

I do not know for what type and class of clients and customers you have worked for but I am telling you that, all my clients and customers was and are always been somewhat demanding and special when it comes to investing thousands of dollars in their projects in my humble company.

How about you cut out the condescending tone and quit calling me “my friend”. Was the first time I pointed that out not enough of a hint to you?

My Emmy award tells me that I do.

You should sell your Nuendo license and get Cubase instead.

And it looks a bit incongruous to end with “my humble company” after starting the sentence with (again) questioning my resume.

Hello my good and super friend of mine, again complaining and making tantrums for my way of thinking different from yours instead of being happy and making music and good audio?
We the true musicians and engineers in the audio world we never let anything and nobody messes with our good humor thus messing with our muse and creativity at will.
Why not you better start supporting all of us here in the forum, with our requests to have more and more regular updates for our beloved Nuendo instead of doing tantrums for my “humble” opinions.
(What do you think, my friend, I already have my brand new Cubase Pro 10.5 license already coexisting with my Nuendo 10 and Wavelab Pro 10 licenses together and very happy in my USB E-Licenser)… :smiley:

Welcome to ignore.

Welcome to what, what and what? it’s seriously my friend?, because you’re sounding more like a disgusted six year old boy.?
Whatever you feel or want to tell me is fine and ok, my good friend…
Good Luck and keep doing and creating good music and good audios with a soon more updated Nuendo…the best audio tool in the universe.
…Peace my friend, peace…

@Gutsystudio: Mattias is one of the longest standing and most respected members of this forum and would be sorely missed if he were to no longer participate, while you, my friend, have been here for five minutes and will not be missed for five seconds. P!ease grow up.

Please stick to the subject and watch your language.
It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.

Fredo

:smiley: we’re chilling, just give us some ( hints of when )

this month? this week? sooner ? :wink: :wink: actually all of us just waiting for those features on new cubase :smiley:

I say we blame Fredo, for hanging on to the RC and causing all this drama! :stuck_out_tongue: pitchforks :smiling_imp:

Really guys, you need to make up your mind.
When we say nothing, there is a problem, when we say something, there’s another problem.
:slight_smile:

Fredo

Don’t you think you’re exaggerating a bit my new good friend?
Because as you are the oldest users here in the forum you should give the example first, being more patient, wise and less childish with the newer ones here, don’t you think?
I think that those who have to grow up here are others no matter how old they are yet in the forum.
Now put the example to the newest ones in the forum and let’s return to the main topic discussed here about how often we Nuendo users have to receive more updates, equal to or more than Cubase users.
What do you think about that, my new good friend?