So cubase 13 just released is it worth upgrading

Same here… Just upgraded and installed C13.0.10 Pro yesterday. Following what I have seen here and there, in the forum and UI related, I absolutely love this :

• The new Channel strip, on the left of the inspector in the arrange view, as it allow us to have a direct access to the ‘Pre’ section of the MixConsole. A true workflow enhancement that I never even dreamt of, especially when dealing with different kinds of audio source (line, condenser or dynamic mics…), without having to open the MixConsole for this. Additionaly, we also get a direct access to the Strip section.

• The new behavior of the inspector which more or less follows the suggestions done in an already old discussion (C11 days -2021). I’m glad to see to which point the advices exchanged in it have been taken into account : no more need to use the Ctrl to keep a given section opened and no more endless empty inserts/sends slots display : it’s a true relief. This with new reordering capability.

• And contrarily to what I have read somewhere, we easily can skip some inserts slots to put a given insert in the fourth one, if needed (as shown in my screenshot - drag & drop also works in this case).

Overall, the new channel/track inspector combination is worth the upgrade alone. Congrats to the devs crew for that one. :+1:

Beside these, C13 seems already very stable, here, without additional strain on my system. This, with the workflow enhancements stated above, makes me already wonder if I shouldn’t uninstall the 12.0.70, already. I’m going to wait few weeks, though, as I need to make further tests.

Things I don’t like, though :

• I truly would like to get a solution to the horrible menu bar display I am experiencing, with the full white titles backgrounds :

Happily the Alt key is my friend to toggle its display, but still…

• And yes, the hard white content of almost every now flat buttons in the UI isn’t really a graphical improvement. Just hope that I’ll get used to it, at some point but after several hours of C13 usage, it still isn’t the case…

At the end, a worthwhile upgrade, AFAICS…