Solo With Several Folder

Hi,

I would like to solo my midi tracks.

The issue is that i got a folder with the audio input of the midi tracks and other folder…

When i solo a midi track all the other are put in solo mode and the sound is cut.

I acticated the Solo Defeat and it works, but now all the channel are in solo mode, so i can only mute them ?

Thanks in advance,
Have a good day,
Rgds,

Hi,

Sorry, I don’t understand your project structure.

This doesn’t make sense at all.

If you want to reset all Solo state, click the Deactivate All Solo States and Deactivate All Mute States in the toolbar of the Project window or MixConsole, please.

Hi,

Here is the stucture:

• Midi track folder
  • Midi track 1-16
  • Audio track Folder
  • Audio track 1 - 16
  • Midi Backup folder
  • Midi backup tracks
  • Midi backup record folder
  • Midi backup record tracks

How do it solo a midi track with it’s correcponding audio channel ?
In case of confusion these are only hardware input except 4 for the sampler.

Midi Track 1 is linked to audio track 1 and so on except after the midi track 9, those are linked to two selectetable other ones.

I’ve just realized that i could left the midi solo feature, and only use the audio tracks one.

Thanks in advance,
Have a good day,
Rgds,

Hi,

I see. What about to use an External Instrument and the Instrument track, please? The MIDI track is glued with the Audio Return to a one track.

Or you can Solo Defeat all Audio Returns, so none of the Audio Return would become muted anytime. But you would send the relevant soled MIDI data only, so the other sounds will not be audible anyway.

Hi,

I used External midi instruments, but my hardware is multi-part.

I can only put one instance of the external instrument meaning making them monopart, and if i create two instance of the first one with two external instrument, i lost the midi device which can only be linked to one external instrument!

I did this (solo defeat on all audio track), but i cannot solo them, only mute/unmute.

Edit: it seems that i can put one insturment track, and several midi track associated to the device not the instrument track, but they output correctly on instrument track, and solo is working. For the moment it could work, i just loose the input mixer and the output making them just one audio mixer…

Thanks in advance,
Have a good day,
Rgds,

Hi,

You can add 1 Instrument track and then MIDI Tracks, routed the output to the Instrument track and using different MIDI Channels.

Hi,

Yes that’s what i’m trying to do, but you cannot route the output to the instrument track, only to the device…
And to get the same behavior as before i will try to create 16 output stereo bus with the all the same output…

Have a good day,
Rgds,

Hi,

Yes, you can route the output of the MIDI Track to the External Instrument track.

Hi,

How do you do this?

Thanks in advance,
Have a good day,
Rgds,

Hi,

Add the MIDI Track. Set the output to the External Instrument.

Hi,

I havent any instrument track listed in the output only devices ?
Are you sure it’s possible with the 7.5?
Anyway it’s look like the same thing…

Have a good day,
Rgds,

Hi,

Did you Add External Instrument in the Audio Connections > External Instruments? What MIDI Output did you choose?

Hi,

Yes,

I created:
EXT INS TX81Z (2 Mono input) midi to device TX81Z port 1
EXT INS TX81Z 2 (2 Mono input) midi to device TX81Z 2 port 1
EXT INS MT32 (2 Mono input) midi to device MT32 port 1
EXT INS Sammich (2 Mono input) midi to device Sammich port 1
EXT INS SC–880 (4 Mono input) midi to device SC-880 port 1

Then i’ve set:
The midi track CH1 to device TX81Z (not external instrument as they are not listed)
The midi track CH2 to device TX81Z (not external instrument as they are not listed)
Ch1 output to EXT INS TX81Z Left input
Ch2 output to EXT INS TX81Z Right output

Rgds,

Hi,

Add an Instrument track with your External Instrument first, please.

Hi,

It’s already done!
5 Instruments track are already created in order to see them in the mixer.

Here is the midi output list:
TX81Z (port 1 on MXPXT)
TX81Z 2 (port 1 on MXPXT)
MT32 (port 1 on MXPXT)
Sammich (port 1 on MXPXT)
SC–880 (port 1 on MXPXT)
Several other midi port of the MXPXT
Some audio track effect, like loop mash…

Rgds,

Hi,

You didn’t mention…

Could you attach a screenshot, where we wociudl see the Instrument track. We could see the Audio Connections > External Instrument. We would see the list of all Instruments you have. And another screenshot, with the MIDI Track selected and we would see the list of the MIDI Outputs (when the Instrument track has been created already)?

Hi,

Here is the instrumen track properties:

Here is the output list of the instrument track TX81Z.

Here is the midi track properties:

Ouput list for midi track CH 1 is the same:

Rgds,

Hi,

Oh, this is not Cubase 11, right? Quite important information.

In the precious Cubase versions, the Instrument track wasn’t multi-timbral. Maybe your Cubase is from that past time. Then you would be right, the Instrument track was working with MIDI Channel 1 only.

Hi,

If course it’s not cubase 11.
In the 7.5 features, it is mentionned multi-timbral support for instruments track…
The only way i figured it to works is by setting an instrument tracks then route midi track to it’s mapped device.

Rgds,

Hi,

:thinking:

So is it Cubase 7.5? Sorry, I don’t remember, when was the multi-timbral Instrument Track introduced.

But if it wouldn’t be the case, you can add the External Instrument as the Rack Instrument. Then you can route MIDI tracks as multi-timbral to the Rack Instrument.