[SOLVED] Cubase iC Pro Connection Problems After iOS 10.3.1 Update

I recently updated my iPad to iOS 10.3.1. Since then, Cubase iC Pro will not reliably connect to my Cubase 9 Pro projects. What happens when I try to connect is that Cubase iC Pro opens and closes repeatedly for as long as I let it happen.

It was all working perfectly till the upgrade to iOS 10.3.1. Nothing else changed. I also tried it on an iPad Mini that was updated to iOS 10.3.1 and had exactly the same problem.

I sent a tech support request to Steinberg, and they told me to post something here because “all of the support for iC Pro is provided by the app developers.”

I’ve looked around this forum and seen lots of folks having connection problems since the iOS 10.3 update. I haven’t seen any response from the app developers. Are they paying attention?

Have the same problem with IC Pro

Peter

Tell Steinberg tech support. I am hoping that if they hear from a lot of us, They will do something.

Same here!
I only get the connect dialog. It connects, so I can see it in Cubase’s controller setup for a second and the connection gets lost instantly.

I just heard back from a Steinberg support tech, who said:

I did get an update that there is a known issue currently with iOS 10.3.1 with iC Pro. We do expect that with Germany bank holidays next week, it may take longer than usual to get further information. If I receive further updates from the Developers, I will let you know (assuming they have not already shared that information on the posts I sent). Thank you

Same here

Nuendo 6.5 / Mac OS 10.12.4 / iOs 10.3.1

iC Pro sees the Mac but can’t connect via Name or IP address .

Hope we get a quick update I use this App almost every day!

Well, at least now I know I didn’t hose something myself.

No, wait. I updated my iPad to 10.3.1.

I don’t suppose there’s any way to roll back iOS to the previous version, is there?

This just happens to go on the weekend that I rip out my old mixer, install a new Yamaha TF5, update drivers, tweak my wireless network, etc. So naturally, I spent a couple of hours assuming I’d broken something before finding this thread (and thank you).

Just to confirm, without changing anything in my environment I grabbed my old iPad Mini, which doesn’t have 10.3.1 on it, and was immediately able to connect to Cubase.

If anyone hears of the app developers releasing a fix for this and could post a note here I’d appreciate it. Until then, at least I still have the Mini.

I have the same problem. I managed to connect for a while after updating when reseting my iPad completely. But then the problem occurred again. I have sent a message to Steinberg support and hope they will look into this soon.

Hopefully the app developers are monitoring this thread.

If so, it would be great if someone from SB / app devs could post here just to acknowledge that the app developers are indeed aware of this issue, and are working the problem.

At present, we don’t know if they are or not.

Absolutely …

SB?

same here, everything was perfect til I updated to iOS 10.3.1

Device Setup sees the iPad with IC Pro, then disconnects after a few seconds…

Please look into this, Steinberg! IC Pro has become kind of my second keyboard

does anyone know how to register IC Pro @ steinberg.net? I can’t file a ticket, cause it only works for registered products…
anyway, I requested support for C9 on march 14th, never heard back, so I’m not counting on much

From what I’ve read on the forums, SB doesn’t deal with the apps and instead defers support to “the app developers,” whoever they are.

It sounds like they’ve outsourced them rather than being developed by SB employees, and there doesn’t seem to be a clear path to obtaining support. I’ve always had good experiences with SB Cubase support, so the murkiness of the apps is a bit disappointing.

My iPad, which is in the studio to be my Cubase remote control device, is for all intents and purposes currently a brick. And there’s no feedback on if / when that will change. Not exactly professional quality business practices, imho.

Please see here: [SOLVED] Cubase iC Pro connectivity issue after iOS update 10.3.1 - Mobile apps - Steinberg Forums

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Steinberg, when will be able to use the Cubase iOS remote app again to control Cubase on our macs?

Dear all,

On July 20, 2017, Apple released the latest iOS update version 10.3.3 and we are pleased to announce that this resolves former connectivity issues between Cubase iC Pro and supported Steinberg DAWs.

Please follow this link to learn more:

Best,
Lars