This was happening in C5 too. There are two versions of this, the simple one first.
Can’t see or save User Presets
When loading from the plugin, Factory Presets are visible but the User ones aren’t. (I don’t know if they’re supposed to be but the Factory Presets all have the same settings!)
Open the Location Tree from the Window Layout button (bottom left) to confirm Mix6to2 is ticked.
Save Preset. On OK the panel reopens and the preset is not saved (Windows search confirms).
Open MediaBay, browse to the Mix6to2 folder in both User and Factory Presets nodes to confirm they are ticked and
that you can see presets. The new preset you tried to create above won’t be there but earlier ones might. If so, select them to confirm that the Plugin Name attribute is correct.
In summary: User Presets are visible in the MediaBay but not from the plugin.
Can’t see anything!
In addition to the above, this was happening until I was going through the process to write this post! Don’t know what I did, beyond trying to drag a preset from the MediaBay. Until I did whatever I did, I could see no presets at all in the plugin (but could in MB).
The Load panel in the plugin was behaving strangely too:
- Click the preset name to open the Load panel.
- No presets, nor any column heading text (although the background is there).
- Click Reset - the column headings appear.
- Open the Location Tree from the Window Layout button. Note the plugin name is correct and ticked.
- Close the panel and reopen it.
- The Location Tree has to be reselected, although the Filters remain visible. This only happens if you try to open the Location Tree. Otherwise the panels reappear as you had them.
I can’t reproduce this second case now, although I could until I “fixed” it.
Hope this rings a bell with someone who can tell me what to do about it.