first of all, happy new year to everyone!
suddenly my project only plays on the left side. I have looked in “device setup” and in the “play” mode the halion plugin, but everything is fine.
I created a new project, copy paste and had 5 to 6 crashes when I changed drum basic to drum full kit to change the percussion kit to my preference. now everything is okay with the drum, but now all my articulation marks are no longer correct, very annoying and I lost a lot of time unfortunately …
is there not a way to restore my first project to a good stereo sound?
thank you in advance!
first of all, happy new year to everyone!
Please send your project file to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’ and I’ll fix it. Thanks and a happy new year.
in the attachment my project, I deleted the other 200 bars and saved as a new project.
I am curious what the problem could be.
thank you in advance
sing for me * test.dorico (3.1 MB)
If you’re on Mac, go into your macOS system settings and check the audio settings. For some strange reason dorico will hard pan my audio every once in a blue moon. A few of us have experienced it and noted it in other threads.
that’s not the problem and I don’t even have balance option yet because I’m using my own external sound card … I think I’ve had this problem before, then I copied everything to a new project, that worked fine, but now everything has changed in my new copied project. It’s a pretty big project of 263 bars and it would be nice if I didn’t have to re-check everything
It depends on the sound card and how audio is routed. If you have dorico pointing to your system, and your system output set to the sound device, rather than having dorico directly communicating with the sound card, my tip might still apply. I use a DAC on my work machine and the system controls can affect it.
See Ulf’s previous post that explains the fix: Audio sounds through only the left channel - #2 by Ulf
thx for your help and tips and i’m seriously doing my best, but …
unfortunately i’m a compnist, arranger, conductor and not a computer nerd.
To be honest I don’t understand much of what you says and not at all here Paulwamsley “See Ulf’s previous post that explains the fix: Audio sounds through only the left channel - # 2 by Ulf”.
@Romanos401 everything works perfectly, Logic Pro, finale, Sibelius and all other Dorico projects…
Send your project to Ulf, who has offered to fix it for you. If you are uncomfortable with how to do that, it should be straightforward to get help from somebody more familiar with computers.
thank you Mike,
I’ve already sent my project to @Ulf, I’ll just wait for him…
Hi @Rolly, I did not receive anything, yet. Could you please check?
I had added it to my first post above, isn’t that okay?
Hi @Rolly, sorry, I missed that one. I thought you send it to me via mail.
Anyway, now I got it and attached is a fixed project file.
The audio port mapping is the problem, but to be honest, we currently don’t know, how it can break. We only see it happening occasionally with people and can easily fix it by manipulating the project data. If you have more project files to fix, please send them to me.sing for me test ulfmod.dorico (3.1 MB)
Thank you @Ulf no problem, I missed your answer too …
Thanks for the effort but the problem is only worded worse, I can’t even open it anymore.
see attachment …
I continued with another arrangements and waited to finish this project, but I will adjust everything myself again, no problem.
However, this is the 2nd time that happened in 3 months so it is not too bad, but if you have a solution to try out yourself, please let me know.
Hi @Rolly, well, could you please send me the project that is crashing with you? Please send to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’. The modified project that I attached does load here with me. Is it exactly that one that is crashing with you or did you further work on it?
no no i didn’t work on it, i couldn’t even open it, so yeah it’s the same project you sent me. I cannot open it on my macbook pro or on my iMac.
Try this out, does that one open with you? sing for me test ulfmod2.dorico (3.1 MB)
yeahhh @Ulf it works perfectly, thx !!!
Is it possible to know what you mean by this and what you have done to solve it as you write it here?
“The audio port mapping is the problem, but to be honest, we currently don’t know, how it can break. We only see it happening occasionally with people and can easily fix it by manipulating the project data.”
I mean, if it happens again I can fix it myself right away?
thanks in advance…
Hi @Rolly, there is a sledgehammer method that I once outlined here: Audio sounds through only the left channel - #2 by Ulf
But that method is only good, if you use exclusively HSO or NotePerformer as playback template. As soon as you use custom instruments like e.g. Kontakt, then that method will destroy all your assignments and you have to recreate all by hand again.
The way that I fixed your project is that I modified the audio engine data, instead of deleting it all together. For me it is easy, but it needs a Hex-Editor to do that, and one needs to have a bit of technical understanding, which I can’t assume everyone to have. Maybe I’ll write down a recipe at some stage for tech savvy people. Until then, send me your projects for fixing. I really don’t mind.