Sounds Missing From Library

Hello! I’m a new user of Dorico, and I’m in the process of setting it up. I noticed that after installing all of the sounds, the only one that shows up in the library is the Indian Drums package. What should I do to get the missing sounds in the right place and get the playback working?

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum Chiana.

Did you download and install the round 9GByte Dorico Sound Installer package.
You must not only download it but also run the installer program with it.
Are you on Mac or Win?

Thank you! I did indeed install the sound installer package. All four packages in the Dorico Pro 3.5 section of the download assistant have been stalled, the location folder is “Steinberg” in my downloads folder. I am also on Windows.

Could you please load one of the stock projects, e.g. DORICOverture.dorico and then choose from the main menu ‘Help >Create Diagnostics Report’ and post the corresponding zip file here? Thanks

Sure thing! Here it is:
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (159.4 KB)

Hm, strange, Dorico resp. the audio engine does not detect any HALion sound content nor does it detect the HALion Sonic SE plug-in, so no wonder that no sound comes out.
And you are 100% sure that you not only downloaded the packages but also ran the installer on each of them.?
If you look at C:/Program Data/Steinberg/VST Sound, how many files are there?
Likewise for C:/Program Data/Steinberg/HALion/VST Sound.

Hm, that might be it. I’m going to make sure to run those and then test to see if the issue is completely resolved.

Miraculously, that worked! The playback works just fine too. Thank you!

:slight_smile: You are welcome

Hi Having a similar issue with Dorico 3.5 (macOS) where some of the sound library is not loaded, I’m not too familiar with mac but I’ll send the diagnostics report in another comment

Here is the Diagnostic report
Dorico Diagnostics macOS 1.zip (351.4 KB)

Hi Again, just got another one this time from a Win11 User having the same issue.
Dorico Diagnostics WIN11 1.zip (406.8 KB)
And from our test device (WIN11) we also get a similar issue with the Report:
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (313.7 KB)

It looks like the student running macOS hasn’t installed the HALion Symphonic Orchestra library. Please encourage them to run Steinberg Download Assisant, find the Dorico Pro 3.5 product in the category listing on the left, then reinstall the Dorico Pro 3.5.10 Sounds Installer download choice.

Hi,
Weve attempted that before, though it hasn’t changed the error, I’ll try once more but could there be any other causes of the issue?

Yes, it could be a file access permission problem. I will send you tomorrow some script to find out more.

Hi @student.test, here we go.
CreateVAEDiagnosticsReport.sh.zip (501 Bytes)

• First download the file CreateVAEDiagnosticsReport.sh.zip to your downloads folder and unzip it
  • Open a Terminal window (do a spotlight search) and in that window type cd Downloads and hit the enter key
  • type chmod +x CreateVAEDiagnosticsReport.sh and enter again
  • then type ./CreateVAEDiagnosticsReport.sh and enter again , the script should execute.
    After a few seconds on your desktop the file VAEDiagnosticsReport.zip should get created.
    That one please attach here.
    In case of question please don’t hesitate to ask.

Hi @Ulf , I`ll get onto that students device hopefully today,
Any news regarding the windows laptops?

Hi @student.test , no worries, take your time.
And I’m sure Ben will soon contact you. Have you checked your private messages on this board? If you click on your avatar icon on the pretty much top right of the browser window a pop-up menu appears. Click on the little envelope icon there.

Hi @Ulf No PM regarding the Sound issue, though did get one regarding my licences inquiry (just waiting on a reply back over email)

hi @ulf, Im running into a "zsh: Permission denied: ./CreateVAEDiagnosticsReport.sh" Ive followed your steps but sadly I`m quite unfamiliar with macOS
Would you be able to help with this?