Spitfire Audio BBC SO Pro Player Plugin Issue

Exactly what he told me :wink:

Hi Ulf,
Thank you very much for the reply! :slight_smile:
Unfortunately this is very sad… it means that they even don’t think to add more techniques which are very important… This library is really nice, and probably the best one produced by Spitfire Audio, but unfortunately still incomplete.
They could release the Divisi as paid upgrade of the library, so it won’t be a problem to make another recording session…
Ulf, thank you once again for your time and kindness! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

This is exactly what I told Angus. Anyway, he knows now that there’s a market for a NotePerformer ++ product (same functionality but higher quality sound and higher price tag), the first company that builds it will win.

3 Likes

Hi @MarcLarcher,
By the way, I had discussion with Angus before, about issues I’m getting with Originals - Cimbalom .
Ulf was so kind, again, and gave me his contact… I gave Angus all the needed details about the issue, even project files, playback templates…
Well, I was “excited” in a very negative way by the communication with him. He directly claimed that the problem, most probably, is in VE Pro 7, not in the Spitfire Player for Originals. And told me that I have to speak with them. But before I sent a message to Angus, I did test with the Spitfire Player for BBC SO, and it worked well. I did another test alongside with Daniel, if I remember correctly, with Cimbalom in Cubase, too… The problem was exactly in the Player for Originals.
Still this problem persist…

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

What was this problem with the cimbalom? I’m just interested since I recently bought the library and use it with VEPRo in a project I’m currently working on.

Hi @SampoKasurinen,
If you are using this template Dorico and VE Pro 7:

you could try the the following:

1. Write one bar full of regular notes quarters, or eights
  2. In the next bar add longer half notes, or quarters and attach unmeasured Thrill symbol to them.
  3. In the third bar add again regular notes (non articulated), just like in the first one.
  4. Play it back.
    You will notice that the Cimbalom can’t return to natural playback after the thriller and performs the notes in the third bar as thrilled.
    The library sounds really nice, but has two problems… It doesn’t have KeySwitches, and the problem I mentioned above.

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

Wasn’t the studio the BBCSO library was registered in demolished? If so it will be challenging to add further extensions expressing the same character. They did add several muted brass samples earlier this year. It would need a convolution reverb of the space like VSL uses for their synchro-nized libraries.

Hi @mavros,
Well, according to the information I was able to find the studio is still active.

It won’t be a problem for the guys at Spitfire Audio to do everything needed to supply us with nice Divisi, more articulations and effects.
Even if they record the new samples in different studio it won’t be a big pain for us. We are all using different libraries recorded in different locations within a single project. Every DAW and Dorico they all provide native convolution reverb, of course there are third-party plug-ins like Altiverb, Spaces, Virtual Sound Stage, VSL MIR…

Best regards,
Thurisaz

Except money and interest. BBCSO is meant as an edu and ‘universal’ library which is part of the orchestra’s mandate to further music education, FWIW you’re not going to get more sophisticated controls and samples. Instead you might talk to them about the upcoming Abby Road library, which appears to be a more complete one. But at this point too, the requirements are already decided on and I’m sure you won’t have any luck, as far as I can tell they’re well along the way of recording which is what the ‘mini versions’ they’ve been dropping are about. Another library that does have what you want is your best shot at this point.

Hello @DanMcL ,
As me and Marc mentioned above:

They could provide it as paid upgrade to the library. We are not talking about such serious improvements for free. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

Well, Angus was quite transparent about the fact that even a paid additional upgrade was NOT on their radar.

Yeah you have to understand product development from a software Co side … basically the revenue from this feature is probably not worth it, or they would have done it already. Beating a dead horse basically, unfortunately.

We probably should have this discussion on the Spitfire forum. I have the impression that the direction they are taking today is not really directed at covering full range orchestral compositions . It seems to be more directed at providing new original, often weird sounds and tools for media composers.

Not easy as the choice of that kind of sample material is more or less infinite. Example who can say to have really tried out all Albion Solstice Cassette Orchestra or Komplete Ultimate instruments and presets in a composition.