Spitfire BBC Core and compatibility with dorico?

Hi @Mr_Olsson,
If you are thinking about Orchestral Tools - Berlin Series, here on the forum you can find Expression Maps shared by @andhy :
From the shared in this topic you may need those for SINE Player.

In this topic, too:

For VSL, yes, they create their own expression maps for Dorico, for most of their libraries except Dimension Strings, Woodwinds and Brass, they don’t create Expression Maps for their largest libraries, so you should buy them here:

As someone who has experience with VI Pro Dimension Strings and Synchron-ized Dimension Strings, I would recommend the ones for VI Pro because of these reasons (actually answers given directly by the VSL team):

1. In the VI Pro DS you are having articulations and effects that are not present in the Synchroni-zed version, and there is no plans to be included in the future.
  2. It’s almost impossible to use the full orchestra SY-zed DS without any issues, because the presets were designed to push the CPUs to their limits. Probably this situation was improved in the last Synchron Player update.

The Expression Map for Synchron Harp doesn’t play tremolos/ bisbigliando correctly when dynamics are involved. Anyways, this library sounds great! :slight_smile:

Of course I would agree with @dko22… definitely you should learn how to program your own Expression Maps sets. Yes, it’s a time consuming job, but it’s not too hard.

In general, the best practice is to have libraries from at least two different companies, because this would avoid phasing issues and will lead to more realism.

It’s also important in what kind of music you are going to use your libraries. Dimension Strings are perfect for classical music sound, while Synchron Strings Pro are more suitable for film music.
Unfortunately the only product that gives you ability to create real Divisi is Dimension Strings.

Yes, you’ll have 40% student discount on every product they sell. It’s not one time discount. Just you need to provide the needed prove that you are an active student every time you are purchasing a product or multiple products at once.

Before choosing the library ask yourself “What needs of mine it should cover?”, “What style of music I’m going to compose/arrange/orchestrate with it?”, “Am I going to use it in my education, or not?”… Asking yourself always will lead you to the right decisions, just you have to ask the right questions! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz